or Connect

Posts by chapluqa

I find that babywearing has been a lifesaver for our family. DD (4.5 months old) has been worn in various wraps/carriers since birth and I honestly don't understand how people raise babies and get anything else done without wearing them!  (I suppose the baby just gets put in a 'container' a lot instead).  She's a generally happy baby but loves to be cuddled and is also very interested in what we're up to. We don't even own a stroller - we just wear her when we're out and...
We have multiple babywearing options  - a ring sling (a friend made it for me from a woven wrap), a mei tai, a moby wrap, and an ergo.   We were lucky to be given all of these as gifts!  I was using the ring sling quite a bit in the very beginning, but it started to hurt every time I wore it so I haven't used it for a while. I liked how easy it was to feed in it, though, so I might go back to it later on. We use the ergo whenever we go out with Tasmyn. She loves it...
That sounds like a good suggestion, flavorfull. As we're getting more into EC, I've been wondering about what we'll do if Tasmyn wants to be nappy (diaper) free when we're out and about. In the meantime she's going bare bummed most of the day, and I've recently gotten the courage to combine EC and babywearing (just put a prefold under her in the carrier), but I haven't considered doing EC out of the house yet. We're flying to mainland Australia for 10 days later this...
Wow, such beautiful photos and adorable babies! I haven't been too active on the forum lately, but I can at least share a few pics... Tasmyn's starting to smile a lot now, at 8 weeks old.  
At 8 weeks old, we parents are finally being 'trained' to EC with DD. Up until now we have been pottying her once in a while, usually around nappy changes, but using nappies most of the time. Yesterday I was out shopping with her and she had a major crying episode that wasn't solved by boobing or anything else, until I took her nappy off, after which she immediately calmed down (too bad I didn't have a spare nappy with me, she ended up in the carseat with a folded...
What a timely thread/poll, as I've been thinking about this lately. I'm almost 8 weeks postpartum and although I'd like to have sex, it's definitely not going to happen for a while as I'm still healing the tear that I didn't get stitched up (we had a UC). At least I think I'm still healing, maybe it's just a new configuration down there.  In any case DH is happy to wait and so am I, although we've started joking that when we finally do get to do it, it will be like the...
Tasmyn usually sleeps on her side when we're in bed together, and on her back when she's on her own in her snuggle bed (where we put her when she goes to sleep before we're ready for bed). She also likes to sleep on her tummy on daddy's chest, but this only happens when he goes to bed way before I do, which isn't very often. She isn't rolling yet so we'll see how she likes to sleep once moving positions becomes an option. In the meantime she likes to be curled up right...
Arbybee, I hear you on the big baby love - Tasmyn is almost 5 weeks and over 11 lbs (we'll weigh her again on Thursday) and I agree that she feels sturdier than other babies her age, and yes, my arms are getting a great workout!  She just started smiling this week, just after her one month old birthday, so I have to share a few pics of this lovely milestone...  
I also love the booby pillow thing - Tasmyn loves to nurse and then fall asleep curled up against my tummy, often with my boob as her pillow and a hand over it as if she is claiming it as hers. But my absolute favourite thing is probably the look on her face as she's about to latch on, especially when she's really hungry - it's just this expression of pure excitement and joy, and I'm pretty much the only one who gets to see it, so I feel like it's a special thing for...
Oh wow, everyone's babies are soooooo  adorable!   I've been remiss in posting pics, so here are a few of Tasmyn. She'll be four weeks old in a few days. Seeing all these lovely pics makes me want to dress her up in something adorable and do some more professional-looking ones. The pics we have are all fairly ordinary snapshots with our cheapo camera.