or Connect

Posts by jojolina

WOW!  Your insight and empathy is impressive!
Your post hits home with me because my kids are similar ages.  I am the bio mom and the kids live with me and my DH. The overall relationship is fine between DH and my kids, but there are bumps, hence my other post.    As a tip....the bio parent will always be defensive of their kids when someone else is criticizing them, even you.  It kind of goes with the territory.  Also, he loves them.  You don't.  That actually makes a big difference. He also has a lifelong (for...
Yes, come over to visit.  My husband works really long hours. He is only home for about 30min each night before he goes to bed.  The weekend is his time to relax.  He doesn't feel he can relax as much if there are guests in the house.  I understand that, but that is also part of living with other ppl.  Someone said it above, he doesn't know how to live with other people. Actually that is very true. He lived alone for years before we got married and then he had an...
not sure where you got that bf was spending lots of nights at my house, but it isn't the case.  And actually DD is wonderful about helping around the house.  DS, not as much.  That really isn't the issue.
Occasionally BF spends the night at my house.  However, when he does, he sleeps in the guest room, NOT with my daughter.  just wanted to make that clear.  
You have all given me a lot to think about and I appreciate it.    To clarify.....my daughter has lived with a roommate near college for the last 3 years.  Her dad and I pay her tuition and supplement her rent.  She is responsible for her utilities/food/car upkeep etc.  She has a part time job, but it doesn't pay very well.  Unknown to me until very recently she racked up a lot of credit card debt.  apparently she was having trouble paying for food, etc and was...
My DH and I got married when my DD was 18 and DS was 15. This was 4 years ago.  My kids really like my DH and DH loves the kids.  The big picture doesn't seem to be the problem.  It's the little day to day annoyances.  My DD just moved back home because of lack of funds.  She is due to graduate from college in December.  She is now 22.  DS is in college and still living at home.  So basically we have 4 adults (plus the kid's friends in and out) living in one house.  I...