or Connect

Posts by element2012

Thanks for your feedback mamas. Right after I posted this I basically went out and bought her pull ups. I used to be so against the idea of them too! But mama bear intuition told me she needs to feel like she can go whenever. She knows when she's peeing or pooping but is not 100% sold on the idea that it should go in the potty. So we decided to get the pullups and keep the language very positive, that these are training pants, not diapers, for big girls learning how to use...
Presently I'm working nearly full time and almost all at nighttime. My 2 year old is still nursing and up until now has been nursing to sleep. My MIL is watching my daughter, but she is in her 70s and needles to say it is asking a lot of her to watch a rambunctious 2 year old who is nearly impossible to put to sleep even with nursing... If I have to pay for childcare I'd rather find a Montessori preschool so she can learn some social abd life skills. Are there any options...
In an effort to get my 24 month old potty trained, we stopped using diapers. Now she is holding her pee big time to where she is only peeing two to three times a day. It is a lot of pee, almost filling the little bowl completely. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
I want to bump this thread. My daughter just turned 2 and has, as far as I can tell, been ready to train for awhile. I'm working and my living situation is such that it's not convenient *for me* to train her, but I feel like I'm doing her a disservice to not train her. As far as we've gotten is lots of bare bum time, which always means me watching her like a hawk and as soon as I'm not looking she'll pee heavily on the floor. She'll hold her first morning pee for over 2...
Mine is a mess too . I think she's at her worst for me too, and it's hard to not get my feelings hurt about it. I've now realized they don't call it the terrible twos for nothin'! Regarding terrible behavior, how much sleep is the little guy getting. My daughter was at her worst when she was getting about 8-9 hours at night and a 2 hour nap. Really aim for12 -14 hours a day, my daughter is getting around 11-12 hours now, and it's not easy to get her to sleep, but she is...
First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing with my 2 year old either. But living in very close quarters makes it where I really have to think ahead to try to avert the screaming. My daughter is often sleep deprived and I really try to keep getting enough sleep at the top of my list every day. Also, things like diaper changes and car seats are changes to what she is doing, so I try to give her a heads up. If I just pluck her up from play to change her diaper it will be a...
Hmmm, maybe you could try underwear? The novelty of this new type of clothing might encourage her to wear them, at least long enough to pee on them and discover it's no fun to have wet underwear, and hopefully helping her to discover the sensation that arises when you have to pee...
I think you both nailed it, she's not sleeping enough. I think we're averaging around 10 hours of sleep, 12 on a good day. It's exhausting because I have to carefully plan out diversions to do anything, even to go top the bathroom! She's a tough cookie to get to sleep lately too, and naps and bed times are drifting REALLY late. Everything is so exciting to her now, if I try to turn the lights off to get her to sleep, she just thinks it's the silliest thing in the world to...
I feel like I'm failing my daughter here, she tantrums all day long. Any minor instance where she doesn't get her way is a trigger for a screaming, throwing, hitting, on the floor little girl. I've been really working on giving her a heads up about transitions, giving her choices and distracting her but even with all of that we are still dealing with too many tantrums. My intuition is telling me she needs help learning right and wrong behavior. How do I start??
I do find too much media is definitely over stimulating. You're going in the right direction in moving away from too much use. I think you can certainly build up her attention span with reading she has less access to screens. Go to the library and find books that will be very interesting to her and let her help pick. Maybe you can find books that have the same characters as the apps she uses, like curious George? Lots of sensory play like rice scooping, painting, bubble...