or Connect

Posts by element2012

To OP, are you taking a prenatal yoga class at a studio?  It may be hard to make a deep connection there in such a short period of time, but there is a good amount of bonding that happens between women going through their pregnancies together in their prenatal yoga class.  I am teaching prenatal now, and I try my hardest to foster a sense of community amongst the women (much easier said than done in this area though!).  I have much of the same feelings that you describe,...
I wasn't planning on buying a crib, but as we get closer I have decided to purchase one.  So, how have you mamas handled shopping for baby furniture with regard to toxicity and off gasing?    I've been looking around, a lot, and so far I am leaning towards this very basic, solid wood crib from Ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60091931/   It's so boring looking, what are some environmentally and baby friendly ways I can spice it up?   Also,...
I really feel for you mamas that have to deal with the snow!  It must add a lot of anxiety to the the upcoming delivery.  Maybe writing down your labor plan, including all contingencies for weather, and discussing with all parties involved would help for a little peace of mind.  I think all of us can benefit from reading up on unassisted childbirth, just in case...   For me my biggest anxiety right now is that moment after the midwife leaves, and OHMIGOSH what do I...
You ladies rock, I am so impressed.  I have never been crafty but I am certainly wanting to be right now...
So I don't really know how this engorgement thing works... I will be a SAHM and wasn't planning to buy anything more than a little manual pump for that rare trip to the hair salon or a date with DH.  My mom has me thinking that a good electric pump (like from the hospital) is a MUST for early breastfeeding when the engorgement kicks in.  Is this true?  Also, her supply more or less dried up by a year, I think because she was pumping and not feeding on demand.  Is that...
I just realized I didn't have my exercise ball pumped up enough last night, so comfy now! :-)
I just went to my MW check up at 30 weeks, my LO is still breech too.  Of course, this has ME a bit stressed out, but my MW was totally unconcerned.  It might be worth calling your midwife to find out what her stance is on delivering breech, just so you know.  For my MW, she has delivered a few breech babies, but in her experience it's very uncommon for the baby to still be breech at delivery time.  She told me most babies settle into delivery position by 32 weeks, but a...
Just wondering if anyone else is using an exercise ball to sit on while on the computer like spinning babies recommends?  I bought a medium sized ball (65cm), and I am way too low, but that's surprising to me as I'm only 5'7"...
I saw this on Yahoo a few days ago and was pretty upset by it myself.  Interestingly enough, Yahoo featured an article last week about a study in New Zealand that showed co-sleeping in a positive light: http://news.yahoo.com/newborn-mom-co-sleeping-study-stirs-controversy-214412620.html   As a first time mom, I really don't know what to expect with co-sleeping.  I know that my intuition tells me that, for me, a tiny newborn has no business being left to sleep by...
I just wanted to check in with those of us whose babes were not in the right position yet.  Last week, my baby was spending a lot of time kicking at the top of the womb, but for some reason this week the LO is now kicking way down low again.  I am 30 weeks now and trying to coax baby into the right position!