or Connect

Posts by element2012

Thanks jen, she's been doing better, I'm making a point to try to slow down the weight loss on my end in hopes to nip that in the bud if that's the problem...
My DH and I both work from home and I worry that some days with all of the general daily tasks of being at home, that I don't make enough time for taking my 15 month old DD around other children.  We do interact with her a lot, she certainly doesn't ever want for attention (except when I'm cooking dinner, ALWAYS a meltdown then, what's up with that??!). I try to take her to the park at least 2-3 times a week, but even then the interaction is pretty minimal.  She gets out...
I think in the last few weeks I've seen multiple threads about this exact subject, how funny how we're all going through this now!  I think the general consensus from the other threads is that, really, it ISN'T worth it! The only thing that works for my 15 month old is to realize in advance the longest time that she will be able to sit still, which for her is about 15 minutes under ideal circumstances  Then plan to walk her around the entire remaining time of the outting.
I think they call this the "quarter-life crises", where one day you realize a certain birthday is approaching and you're all like "woah, who am I? What have I done??".  I didn't have children at 21 but I have been out of the workforce since quit young and helped my husband in his businesses.  When that time struck me, hard, a few years ago, I was able to find some roles in his businesses that I could take some credit for.  I also thought long and hard about what I'm...
Did you look at Phil& Ted's? It's spendy for sure but I really like how seamless it is between single and double. Should this child even wean and I'm able to get pregnant, I will be looking on craigslist for one of those for sure!
Thanks skycheat, always so reasonable! Wouldn't you know she has been sleeping pretty well the last few nights...
Yep, I think we are all dealing with molars now, if I had to make a guess... Some days are better than others, thankfully!
I'd be interested in the update, OP.  I imagine your LOs sleep situation is much changed by now. I've found that when something regarding my daughter's sleep had gotten to a point that I felt I really was going to crack, bam!, her sleep changes.  I hope this has happened for you!
Ha ha ha I know what you mean about the efficiency! My girl is usually an every 2-3 days kinda gal, and even constipated it has been the same, but she has had very dry and very difficult to pass stool for the last week, with screaming, sweating, etc.  In a panic when she was screaming and trying to pass I ripped off her diaper and, ahem, helped the too large stool come out.  She's been a bit more agreeable to eating and drinking since she did have a movement so I am...
I used Jay Gordon's night weaning method when DD was 13 months and everything was surprisingly easy and up until about a week ago I could count on her mostly sleeping through her 7 hour window, or at least being easily soothed back to sleep with a snuggle.  Cut to the last week and she has been up A LOT and a bit more challenging to get back to sleep.  She often has a finger stuck in her mouth all day and I feel she may be getting molars. To save the sanity of DH and I,...