or Connect

Posts by element2012

My 15 month old DD is still almost exclusively BF, eating only novel amounts of food here and there. She has been dealing with constipation over the last week. She's not eating any constipating foods, although she does drink almost no water.  She is peeing plenty, so I don't feel that it's dehydration.  I am at a loss as to what's causing it.  I did make a change in my diet to lose weight, and I am losing weight.  May the constipation be caused by something in my diet or...
Ha ha ha that's so cute, I'm glad others have BTDT.  But picking up itty bitty pieces of food with the juices sucked out of them well into the twos... sigh....
Yep just this past weekend, when we went out as a family for Mother's Day, my husband who LOVES going out to eat, looked at me and said "I don't think we'll be going out to eat for awhile".  And my daughter was relatively well behaved that time! I would be game to try going for an early dinner to at a place where they'll bring the food out fast.  I was able to keep my daughter in her seat and quiet for about 20 minutes with a pen and paper to color, her absolute favorite...
I have this same problem, but the funny part is she is an ANGEL with either her daddy or her grandma.  Is your LO whining non-stop with everyone or only you?  My husband will be watching my 15 month old DD and as soon as I walk in the door she starts whining.  Why, or what to do about it? No idea, and it's working my nerves lol. The only thing that gives me a little reprieve is to get her outside.  If I get desperate enough and I can't break away at that moment to take...
This thread has made me realize how much trouble I am in as soon as DD learns the words "no" "why?" and "please!".... I need to know this patience song texmati!
Personally I wouldn't rush going onto cows milk and follow the advice to keep up the formula, unless it is just too expensive for your family. Yes many children started cows milk at 1 and before and are doing just fine, but do remember that cows milk is for baby cows, and while humans do drink it and are often just fine, the formula may just be more appropriate nutritionally... ETA my own experience with giving cows milk, when DD turned one and I started getting...
"How do you cope with screaming and crying, especially when you're tired and stressed?" - Very poorly!  Sad but true! I so wish I was that mom who had the patience of Job but I don't.  My DD seems to be at her worst with me.  Especially when I am doing something that needs my immediate attention, like something is on the stove. I live in a high rise and I now often resort to just opening the balcony door and letting her run around out there, which gives me 5 minutes to...
Thanks mamazee, I did massage her and I think it helped.  Xavismom, that sounds so tough.  I really hope this doesn't become the norm with DD as it has been so hard to see her uncomfortable and in pain when trying to pass.  Pek64, I will certainly look to see if the Purely O's in my area still have barley as, you're right, she'll certainly eat that!  As an update, I had to leave my DD with my MIL for a few hours today, and of course DD was more willing to eat/drink...
Good idea with the warm bath, when she wakes from her nap I think I will give her an epsom salt bath followed by a tummy massage...
15 month old DD is constipated, she cried while trying to pass yesterday and today.  She's a little sluggish today.  She did pass a hard stool with some crying  about 2 days ago.  Yesterday I was able to get her to eat a couple of prunes and about an ounce of 50/50 water/prune juice.  She still nurses so I am offering her the breast often and eating prunes.  I really want her to have a movement today so she'll feel better and am thinking of giving her an infant...