or Connect

Posts by mamacarla

I am sorry that they led you to believe you had no choice but to be induced with PROM. I had PROM at 34 weeks and they were hoping that I would lay in bed at least another 3 weeks. As it turned out I went into labor about 26 hours later. Most women go into labor 1-3 days after water breaks. They had several women on the antenatal unit waiting for weeks after their water broke though and many were getting drugs to stall labor to let the baby develop more. I am glad...
I had PROM at 34 weeks with my first. I went into labor 26 hours later. I had a natural birth about 10 hours later. He was born at 5lbs 4 oz and was just fine. I insisted that all procedures and tests be done in my arms or my husbands. When they wanted to take him to the nursery for a minimum of 12 hours of observation - I agreed but only if he was in my arms the entire time. They wheeled us in then didn't know what to do with us (I guess they weren't used to having...
I would check my local Craigslist.org Or I would go to a store like Ross and buy a stretchy black skirt that could be worn later as well and wear it under my belly with a cute/fancy tunic top - maybe from plus size area if need be or maternity - the whole thing at a store like ross should only cost about 30 you could always resell at the trading post or on craigslist So that's what I would do Have fun! Carla
I may be way off base here but should you DTD after membranes are stripped? Isn't there a possibility of infection now? Good luck - hope ctx pick up soon. Carla
When it first came up I was pretty darn irritated. The I figured - I have been here for 2 years and have never paid a thing as far as supporting this site. I suppose it costs a bit of money to run this site and keep it updated all the time so I guess they have to get it somewhere. I just click on through but maybe at some point they will be advertising something I want. (Though I totally despise most maternity wear and all nursing wear.) Carla
Just so you know - taking it out on your dh doesn't work. (lol) I am right there with you and sometimes am so disappointed in myself. I am going to say something very very odd - Sometimes when I am losing it I try and pretend that there are hidden cameras in my house that will soon air on the latest reality tv show. I then try and change my behavior to something I can be proud of. I know it is stupid but sometimes it helps. I also use a lot of distraction and...
I had PROM with my first -- I was with a midwife and a birthing center -- ended up with a decent hospital birth This pregnancy I am seeing the same midwives and am planning a home birth - I have met with a back-up OB and toured the hospital (different then the one I went to with my first) they are wonderful but we both agreed that we hope we never meet again Since there is no known reason for my PROM (no infections present., etc..) there is no good reason to believe...
The chances are she won't be on the antibiotics for very long. Also there is no reason she cannot take probiotics while she is on them (acidopholis....) to help stave off the yeast. I have been on abx twice in the hospital and had no problems taking natural supplements and homeopathics(for instance calmes forte to help me sleep there). My water broke at 34 weeks and their goal was to keep me in bed in the hospital for a minimum of 3 weeks more. I started contractions...
Well I went to toys r us today and it was not there -- they told me they thought every pool they had was already in stock and they wouldn't be getting any other kinds. Now I am not sure these people really cared or not about my business - they sure weren't willing to help me research the issue. (Must be why my son is 2 years old and I still have about $300credit to spend at the r us stores from his showers - aaarrrgg) Anyway they do have it on Amazon for 19.99 plus...
You can order that from amazon.com or toysrus.com (i believe they are they same actually) I am going to get one too! Carla