or Connect

Posts by 6thstreet

Ok. So does DD2 wake up at night and you nurse then also?  This is what I am wondering what to do with. Thanks
Thank you. How did you night-wean the 18 mo-old?  Looking for ideas...
Looking for help and ideas... I have one 16 mo-old daughter. She has slept in bed with me pretty much since birth.  She nurses to sleep for naps, and at bedtime, and when she wakes at night, which is now averaging 2-4 times per night.  I have never tried any sleep training with her; I just let her nurse to sleep, so now she has a REALLY strong attachment to that.  DH cannot put her to bed without me being there to nurse.  If I am not there, she sobs uncontrollably, and...
I had low hemoglobin at 28 weeks pregnant; they gave me a prescription for iron supplements, and a list of iron-rich foods.  My favorites of the highest iron foods are ground beef, lentils, black beans, and kidney beans.   My recent dinner menus - spaghetti w/ ground beef & tomato sauce; chili with ground beef and kidney beans; beef stew with veggies & potatoes; black bean soup; baked lentils with cheese.  I used to be a vegetarian, but quit after I developed lactose...
I will be a first-time mom and stay at home for at least a year, planning to exclusively breast feed.  One of our midwives recommended that everyone needs a breast pump. The good electric ones are so expensive, I hate to pay that since I will only be away from the baby or want to use bottled breast milk occasionally.  I would like to try a medela manual pump, but others have told me that manual pumps are so time consuming they are just not worth using. Any recommendations?