or Connect

Posts by Twinthing

Glad you like Folksy! It's fun. Happy buying!
If you want to buy from UK sellers on Etsy then include UK in your searches. I'm selling simple Xmas craft kits there atm (as well as some gifty bits and bobs), but there is a huge amount to choose from. The UK based alternative to Etsy is Folksy - lots of handmade loveliness there too. My fave WAHM place to buy in the UK is Baby Bean. Myriad sells stunningly beautiful toys and crafts in the Waldorf style.
A classic scenario in my house at the moment: Baby 1 is on my knee getting a bit of milk. Baby 2 wanders along and tries to pull baby 1 off my knee, accompanied by much stamping of feet and squealing. I try to distract baby 2 with story book. Baby 1 stops nursing and looks round to see the book, gets annoyed that baby 2 is having all the fun with page turning. I put baby 1 down and try to read story to both babies - they fight over book. At the moment they want...
Hi ahuva, just to let you know that I have tried the muffin recipe in NT and they worked pretty well - I made raisin and pecan I think. The only thing is that they were a bit salty (this might be a theme with NT recipes I think?). No success AT ALL with the bread recipes - our local birds have been v. well fed recently. The pancakes (I made the baby Dutch) are good too - but I found the batter a bit thin, so I made it thicker the next time. Let me know if you have any...
Great final thought from Spidermama. I spent about a month to 6 weeks sleeping in an armchair with my sons (after we had spent about 6 weeks trying to get them to co-sleep in bed with us) and it was a lifesaver. We suddenly all started getting more sleep. But one thing I wish we had done was invest in was a big recliner/nursing chair (preferably a rocker) so that it would have been a bit more comfy for me. Like Sweetpeas says, you can spend a lot of time sitting in...
Here is my soda bread recipe: Mix together 1lb 6oz ww flour and 2oz rolled oats with enough buttermilk to make sticky dough (I think I use about half a litre). Leave overnight or however long you want to ferment for. Next day, preheat oven to regulo 6 (don't ask me the conversions!) and sprinkle a flat baking sheet with flour. Stir 1 heaped tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp salt and enough extra flour : (3-4oz I find about right) into your existing mixture to make a dough...
Just wanted to say thanks to Catarina for the info about NT in the UK. And yes, I would love some kefir grains - I'm just not sure what to do with them when you get them... My soda bread recipe is just in my head at the moment, but I weighed it out properly tonight so will post it tomorrow. It really is good, even though I say so myself. I want to start fermenting veggies (I told you I am new to this...) anyone got any ideas about where's a good place to start...
Hi, Just thought I would introduce myself - I've been lurking around reading your mails for a while now. I've owned Sally Fallon's 'NT' book for a couple of weeks and been experimenting with buttermilk and yogurt - just having fun. In a lot of ways our diet was quite NT before, but, of course, no fermenting! This month's thread has been really useful to me because I too have been having disasters with Sally's bread recipes. So soggy! I'm afraid that the apricot and...
CONGRATULATIONS! I second all the other advice so far - especially about 'Mothering Multiples' and the yahoo discussion group AP multiples (really useful resource). One thing that no one has said yet (I think) is get your support systems in place now. Of course, you are already doing the right thing by finding this forum so early , I wish I had known about it from my pregnancy. Anyway, everyone said to me 'get help, get help, get help', and they were right. For...
I could have posted this exact same message 5 months ago for one of my sons. I was REALLY struggling trying to get him to have 2 naps a day - even to getting up earlier so that it would be easier to get him to have a nap in the morning!! Anyhow, I dropped the morning nap and it worked out fine and he got much better at taking a substantial nap in the afternoon. Of course, now (15 months) if he sleeps for more than 1 1/2 hours in the pm he is up until all hours at...