or Connect

Posts by ISISandOSIRIS

Thank you for empathizing annlea. Blessewithboys, I'd consider her less nurturing, rather than fully detached. She loves my son and it is getting better now that he's becoming a toddler. While she's not cuddly or affectionate she does value and foster his growing curiosity. Unfortunately, if she's done any damage it's already been done. There's no going back on the infant years. I do think he'll be okay though, as she consistently cared for his other needs, she's not...
Vent closed and I feel better. To sum, major differences in parenting style + unsolicited comments/advice = anger and frustration.
I think this depends on the concerns and problem-solving ways to address those concerns. I always try to have the "big talks" when the time is right, like during a walk or over dinner when we're both relaxed. I personally would want to be on the same page with this one because it requires a commitment from both of you (as do all major parenting choices).
Hello mamas, My 6 1/2 month old son cosleeps with me and my husband and it's been going well. Until now. He had always woken 2-3 times a night to nurse, but quickly fell back asleep. I'd barely notice we both woke up. I never really sweated the sttn thing because he was very low-maintenance at night. We've even been through 2 teeth, so far. He was fussier and cried more, but not too big a deal. One or two sleepiness nights tops. This is different. My son is now waking...
I don't usually talk about it; however, when I mentioned it to a friend of mine, she revealed she does the same (and, FYI, had no problem getting her kids in their own beds when she felt it was time). I already know several of my family members are very much against it, so I don't bring it up. I avoid talking about it because everyone needs to put in their 2 cents and it annoys me to no end. For example, someone who did find out because she saw the bed rail told me I...
My guy is still little, but I'm going to add that we always sleep on a spread-out receiving blanket (to get those drips and dribbles) and it's easier to slide the entire blanket over with LO on top. Then, I get up and switch to the other side.
Babies are much more efficient at getting milk than pumps are. There were times I pumped until I thought my breasts were emptied only to have baby suddenly get hungry (ug). I put him to what I thought would be an empty breast and he was still able nurse. Is there a reason you feel the need to give a bottle after? Your little one may not have needed the bottle even though she drank it. You may prefer to build a nice freezer stock for when you need someone to babysit.
Pump output isn't the most accurate measure of supply. Are there any other indications? Are there wet and poo diapers? Does your baby seem lethargic/less alert? My pump output sometimes fluctuates. Things that affect it, for me, are how recently and how much my son has nursed, stress, time of day... If it seems to be going back up, and baby seems satisfied and hydrated, it could just be a temporary glitch. I would contact an IBCLC though, if you have further concerns.
This thread makes me think of "frank and beans" from There's Something About Mary. A pp said that kids aren't taught inaccurate terms for other body parts, but that's not really true. Many kids are taught "tummy" to refer to the entire abdominal area. "My tummy (or even stomach) hurts" is often vague and could refer to stomach, intestines, or even appendix. We use other vague terms. "Mouth" may refer to lips, tongue, gums, etc. There's nothing wrong with not being super...
Asiago, I'd be very interested in reading those studies! Do you have links or references? Thanks!