or Connect

Posts by ISISandOSIRIS

I'm so glad everything is going well
Beyond the first couple weeks when folic acid is needed for neural development, I really think prenatals are more for mom than baby. Those little vampires inside us will find all the nutrients they need, so stopping prenatals for the average woman in the western world probably won't make much of a difference in baby's development. Better to get the nutrients from food sources anyhow.
Pre-pregnancy, I ate really healthful foods, but now my diet is comparable with that of a pre-adolescent girl at a sleepover party. All I can stomach are things like candy, ice cream, potato chips and Ellios pizza. I'm not used to eating junk all the time and I also feel guilty about it. One thing thats good is that I can't get enough fresh fruit... but veggies are blech to me right now. It's not that I'm craving these things, it's just that my m/s is so constant that...
Oh my! Good luck..
Things are much improved. It did turn out to be an issue with the town sewer line (after my poor dh spent the day snaking and taking apart the toilet), but apparently it was a quick fix. My dog still smells, so he hasn't been able to sleep in our room for the past couple of days, but I think dh is more upset about it than the dog as he really doesn't mind sleeping in his crate. While I can still smell skunk a bit in the bathroom and living room, I think my swooping in and...
I just had my first "official" appointment this past Monday at 9w+3.  OB#1 (who I happen to like) checked things out with the u/s, but when I asked if I could hear the heartbeat she told me it was too early adequately find.  The thing is, I had been spotting only a week before and had gone in for an emergency visit.  At that time, I saw OB#2 in the practice (who I also liked), and he was able to find the heartbeat for a moment.  I didn't want to say to OB#1 that OB#2 was...
Thanks Jess, I checked out that website and the room shocker is interesting me... not only for the skunk smell but for the other random smells coming from the nooks and crannies in my house that I'm the only one who seems to detect.  The couch is currently covered in arm and hammer carpet cleaner, which I'll vacuum in an hour.  The dog was cleaned with the peroxide solution but I'm still smelling it between his eyes.  The poor guy got sprayed head-on.     Just spoke...
Thank you for the sympathy. I bought 5 bottles of hydrogen peroxide this morning, which I'm going to mix with baking soda and dish detergent for the dog. I'll probably clean the floors with the same concoction and make a vinegar solution for the couch. I think the woman at the register thought I was going to make a bomb with all the peroxide I bought. DH is focused on the toilet right now, so once he takes a break, we'll hose down the pooch and apply the mixture (this...
I need to vent.  I let my dog out for his final pee of the evening and he gets sprayed in the face by a skunk.  He proceeds to run into the house and before I could stop him, he rubs his face on the couch and a blanket.  DH is sound asleep, blissfully unaware of the chaos ensuing one floor below.  I threw him (the dog) into the tub and tried to at least shampoo some of the smell out, fully aware that shampooing does not typically help.  I'll need to run out tomorrow and...