or Connect

Posts by sandykassia

Hi, I am really loosing my sanity and could help some assistance please. My toddler is 23mo. She breastfed up to 17mo (milk stopped during pregnancy and she self-weaned). She co-sleeps and has always been more attached to me than anyone else. Was going through separation anxiety when baby was born. Baby is 7 days old. Feeds in free demand. Co-sleeps. Wear sling My toddler is so sad since baby was born. She barely eats (even sweets and things she rarely has but...
The reason I did not speak to my older DD in Portuguese was that she was already 14yo when she came home, and we were told by psychologists that it could impair attachment. Focus was on attachment so we should all speak the easiest language for her. She seems interested in learning Portuguese and I have purchased Rosetta Stone. We have also talked about maybe spending a month down in Brazil but not sure if it will be financially possible
I am in a decision moment here and could use some opinions.   I am Brazilian, hubby American. We live in USA (very rural, no other Portuguese speaking person within hours...).   It was supposed to be easy: hubby speaks only English, I speak only Portuguese, baby learn both. Things were going well.   Hubby and I met an Ukrainian teenager through a mission and adopted her. So she arrived home when DD was 3 months. Problem was that she already spoke Russian and...
I was also told that once water is broken you cant do anything else, because of risk of infection. Actually, question... I was told I couldn't take a shower or bath for the pain (my room had an awesome jacuzzi) because my water broke and baby would get infected. How does that go in tub delivery then? Didn't make sense for me. In the end, pain got unbearable, I could do nothing else than bite the rag I was biting, and ended up with an epidural. wonder now if that...
I am 29 weeks. And yes, my belly is huge. I've gained 27lbs so far, and I am very tall and usually mostly only gain weight on my belly (true, even when I am not pregnant). So there is a scene that has been repeating a LOT and is making me a little (or a lot upset). Something like person come to me and ask how far along I am. And then get shocked and say something like: OMG! Are you sure it is not twins? how big is the baby? OMG, you are huge for one baby at this...
My 14yo, adopted 18 months ago from Ukraine will not eat at school. She eats ALL THE TIME at home (evening, nights and weekends). A LOT. She came home VERY undernourished, and has grown a lot (although still very skinny). She does not vomit, or anything else. It worries me because she leaves home at 6:45 and return at 4, and will not eat anything during this time. She says she is embarrassed of eating in front of kids. We tried to help by offering small lunches from...
My first pregnancy I had too much pain, unbelievable. The best thing (at least I thought so) that happened to me was to get an epidural (I can only remember the relieve). So I fell asleep (first time in 30hs) and they woke me up to say I was 10cm already and should start pushing... Now that I think of it, she was not crowning yet (I could not see her at all), but I was 10 cm... I pushed for 45 min. Took an eternity for her head to get out... And finally she came. I got...
My first pregnancy I had too much pain, unbelievable. The best thing (at least I thought so) that happened to me was to get an epidural (I can only remember the relieve). So I fell asleep (first time in 30hs) and they woke me up to say I was 10cm already and should start pushing... Now that I think of it, she was not crowning yet (I could not see her at all), but I was 10 cm... I pushed for 45 min. Took an eternity for her head to get out... And finally she came. I got...
Iam located upstate NY and would love to know if anyone gets chicken pox. We may travel as well!!! thanks!