or Connect

Posts by jmd5294

Well, there was just an empty sac.  So no baby this time around, either.  I think it's just easier to adopt.  This is my 3rd miscarriage, but the first time I will have to have a D & C.  I'm not looking forward to it.
My ultrasound is tomorrow at 11:45am!  I am so excited, but also very, very nervous!  I will be 9W6D tomorrow, and I am so scared there will be no baby in there.  Had my OB consult today - which was just sitting in an office giving a lot of information back and forth.  But I am so happy I voiced my concerns about not having an ultrasound yet and having had 2 prior miscarriages-- she scheduled me for one right away!
Could be as simple as reflux with some developmental delays.  Could be sensory issues.  Could be attachment issues.  He could be on the autism spectrum. I would contact early intervention-- they can help evaluate him and determine if he needs services.  He should be pointing, though.  If you can find the M-CHAT online, that is a very base level autism screening tool used for 18 and 24 month olds.
So glad I'm in good company!  I'm 9 weeks today, and haven't even had an appt yet!  I go for a consult on Monday (which is just them getting a bunch of your medical history), and then for my physical on Tuesday, but I don't have an ultrasound scheduled yet, and certainly 9 1/2 weeks is too early to hear HB via doppler, so I doubt they'll even try.  I am very, very anxious.  I'm going to ask them to schedule an ultrasound while I'm there on Monday and see what they say. ...
And can I bitch today again?? I had my first OB consult scheduled today for 9am.  Written in my book and everything-- I never miss any appts or write them down wrong. I show up (with my 2 toddlers and my foster son who is 10 months old), and they inform me that my appt was for 8am.  Really?  I have 2 toddlers and an infant-- do I look like someone who would schedule an appt at 8am?  I never schedule anything that early b/c my kids don't wake up until 7:30ish.  So I...
Get on the waiting list for childcare now (you can certainly take yourself off of it), and know that you don't have to decide until the baby is born. With our dd, when we brought her home, I planned on taking the 6 weeks paid leave that our company offered, and then the additional 6 weeks unpaid leave.  I was toying around with the idea of being a SAHM, but I wasn't decided on anything.  I even chose a daycare, and filled out daycare stuff to register her for daycare...
I had previously gained 2 lbs, but then lost it again... so I'm at zero pounds gained.  9 weeks tomorrow.
Just to give some reassurance about what having a sibling will do to your child-- My first 2 are unnaturally spaced children -- 8 1/2 months apart.  They were our foster children from infancy, and we adopted them when they couldn't go home.  I didn't even have time to think about how it would be raising 2 kids SO close together in age (they will be in the same grade in school).  But, I'm glad I didn't because it would have scared me unnecessarily.  Watching my 2...
For the first time ever in my life, I am behind on laundry.  I am someone who normally LOVES to do laundry.  But I am so tired, and it's so hot outside, I just don't feel like going out to hang it.  Yet, I still refuse to use the dryer because that's essentially like a heater running in our basement while we have the a/c on, and it's 102 outside today.  Yuck.   And yes, my house is totally way messier than it has ever been.  I tend to have a spurt of energy in the...
My sister had surgery in her 2nd trimester of her first pregnancy to remove a very big ovarian cyst that nobody noticed until she was pregnant.   The doctors didn't feel comfortable letting it sit there during her pregnancy. I don't recall much about the specifics, (it was over 7 years ago), but everything was fine during the operation, and baby is currently a healthy 7 year old :-)