or Connect

Posts by glh

From Rainman: "Ray, Kmart sucks", and what's the Tom Cruise line from "Risky Business"? - I think it's "Sometimes you just have to say what the f***".
OT- I read the first to my ds and we are now reading the second. I thought when the first book was published that the author said she was only writing so many HP books and that would be it. Does anyone remember that and if so how many HP books did she say she would write?
My two youngest were potty trained before they weaned (my youngest is 2 1/2 and is still bf). I wouldn't call either process "easy". My oldest pretty much potty trained himself and he was weaned early, that was back in the days before I ever considered ebf (19 years ago). All were potty trained between 2 1/2 and 3, I think if you wait until after 3 it can be harder. FWIW, some boys are easier to train than girls, my oldest was. You also don't have to spend so much...
"Goodnight Chet" "Goodnight David" - How many baby boomers remember hearing those words every weeknight? My parents always watched their news show. I loved the movie and book "To Kill A Mockingbird", the movie is one of the very few that did its book justice. Why do I feel even older than usual hearing about the loss of both of these gentlemen (from what I read they really were in every sense of the word).
The other day I was in the post office with my 2 yr old dd and I was telling her to come stand by me, she was about a foot away and she was quiet and not having a tantrum. Well after telling her twice, some women who was not much older than me, said to her "You need to listen to your mom". Of course dd scurried right over to me and put her head down. After I left I thought, was I right to be annoyed, is this what we mean by "it takes a village"? I asked myself if I...
Sweetbaby3-That is really not true. Have you ever been to a meeting? The people I've known that bash LLL have never even been to a meeting. They have no idea that some of their friends and neighbors are regular members or attended for awhile. Every group is different but in seven years I have not ever attended a meeting that bashed working moms in any way shape or form, I would know as I have been one myself. Like I said in my last post, every meeting has questions...
I honestly can't ever remember attending an LLL meeting where someone didn't bring up working and pumping and I have been going on and off for almost seven years. I started when my middle ds was 3 months old and I felt like I had found my "home". Finally, moms that did not believe in CIO, pressuring their kids to become independent mini-adults and all the other things that were supposed to be the "right" way to parent. I attended those meeting while I worked part-time,...
Quote: Originally posted by Kylix They don't like that I naturally show less expression on my face. Kylix I have had that happen to me many, many times; when I think I am conveying one emotion and it is taken as something else by the other person. I am quiet and somewhat shy by nature. I really need some time alone every day or I feel like I will go nuts, not easy with three kids and an extroverted dh. My middle ds is an extrovert like dh,...
What's even worse in the children's books is when the animals are being fed with bottles! We have one book where a goat is feeding her kid the natural way and my dd is always pointing to it saying "look he's getting nani". Too bad she can't find a baby in one of her books to point to and say that. One book I remember that does show bf and slings is "A Teeny Tiny Baby" by Amy Schwartz.
My dh was dead set against a vasectomy until our last child was born when I was 44. Then he volunteered to have it done and I took him up on it. No problems at all, some pain for a few days but nothing serious. My OB highly recommended that dh have it done, it is less much invasive than having tubes tied and more than I wanted to deal with while nursing a baby. Make sure he takes a couple days off from work if he has it done. A friend's dh had severe swelling...