or Connect

Posts by LadyMag

My milk supply is quite low.  (I've tried supplements, etc, and they've helped somewhat.)  The Medela Supplemental Nursing System and the Lact Aid Nursing Training System were recommended.  Has anyone had any experience with either?  I'm already spending nearly my entire day nursing, bottle feeding and pumping.  Is there a reasonable chance one of these systems will help my milk supply?  How complicated are they?  Any advice is welcome!  Thanks...
Hi.  FTM here.  My breast milk never fully came in.  We therefore must supplement with formula.  (We've already seen lactation consultant, I take copious amounts of fenugreek and I eat lots of oatmeal.  My breasts simply aren't cooperating with more than 5 oz/day, sadly.)   That said - are there any solid, reputable organic formulas out there?  I'm concerned about the arsenic - organic wheat syrup story that came out a few weeks ago.  Right now we are feeding our...
Hi.  FTM here.  My breast milk never fully came in.  We therefore must supplement with formula.  (We've already seen lactation consultant, I take copious amounts of fenugreek and I eat lots of oatmeal.  My breasts simply aren't cooperating with more than 5 oz/day.)   That said - are there any solid, reputable organic formulas out there?  I'm concerned about the arsenic - organic wheat syrup story that came out a few weeks ago.  Right now we are feeding her regular...
Hi ladies.  Three weeks to go and I just.keep.swelling.  No preeclampsia, thankfully.  I've gained about 25 lbs of water in the last two months and can barely move at this point.   Has anyone had luck in using acupuncture to help reduce swelling?  I already elevate my feet, keep the sodium intake down and drink tons of water.  I need to bring out the big guns.   Thanks!!!
I'm using Charlie's Soap and the package explicitly states that it is not a disinfectant.  So - how do I disinfect diapers, short of using bleach?  (If it gets complicated, I'm just switching to a new detergent!)
Thanks, folks!    According to the label, Charlie's Soap does not disinfect.  What do you recommend using as a disinfectant?
Hi folks.   Thanks for all of the great advice you've offered so far.  I have another question for you.   How do you suggest breaking in new cotton CDs and PUL covers?  How many washes?  Another forum suggests breaking in using Dawn dishwashing liquid.  Has anyone here tried that - and is that necessary, or is laundry detergent ok (Charlie's Soap, etc)?   thanks!    
Do you less than the recommended 1oz?
Does anyone use Charlie's soap for their CDs?  Experiences - pros and cons?  and how about using it in an HE washer?  
I don't know whether she does IUI, but Dr. Amy Huang (St. Luke's Roosevelt) is a great OB/GYN and she accepts Empire.  Very low intervention.  Good luck TTC!