or Connect

Posts by bohemian madre

I am trying a waldorf technique of telling a story intstead of calling down a behavior. I have the book Stories for Challenging Behavior (I think that's the title -can't locate it now). I made up my own about the little faries one older and one younger and the younger trying to learn the garden, the older getting impatient and flying into her and hurting her, etc etc. It's too soon to tell if it is having the desired effect but I will keep you posted. Thanks for the...
I am glad that lack of support isn't an issue for you. I was posting about me and my needs.
I am so sorry this is where you are today. My heart goes out to you. It sucks to feel this way however you diagnosis this!! I feel completely burned out as a mother too. To suggest that I stop mothering my children in the ways that I feel are most healthy (tandem nursing, cloth diapering, homeschooling, co-sleeping) is intolerable. I want support to mother this way - not told to do it differently. I want our culture to support mothers. I would actually get tax credits if...
As DD has gotten older and is walking and talking, DS is becoming more and more aggessive. Today DD was eating an apple and DS put his foot on it and kept pulling it away and teasing and then threw it behind the cough laughing even though she was crying. He has started pinching, grabbing, moving her around, etc. I have ignored the action and comforted DD and taken out of the situation, told DS that hitting hurts and we don't want to do that, notice that she is crying and...