or Connect

Posts by nickelsworth

Sorry about disappearing... I didn't see this post for a few days and thought maybe it got lost in the moderation shuffle. Everything is fine. Good heart rate at my 6 week ultrasound and everything. Now at a little over 8 weeks and thinking maybe we're okay. Still have to do genetic testing, though, which I'm not looking forward to.
Well, of course my fiance. His parents know, as do mine. My dear mother opened her big mouth to my even bigger-mouthed aunt, and since she couldn't keep it under wraps at the Father's Day dinner we had last weekend, now my sister knows too.   The girls at work know because two of them are pregnant as well and one has had a lot of experience with infertility and such.   My good friend Eleanor knows because I'm in her wedding in December and I had to discuss the...
See, I'm kind of in the opposite camp. I don't want everyone to know because I don't want the constant calls and prayer requests and whatnot if something bad happens. But that's because my family (and to an extent, my fiance's family) can be a bit overbearing at times.  
According to this website (http://www.spinabifidaassociation.org/site/c.liKWL7PLLrF/b.2644841/k.6B78/Folic_Acid_For_Your_Family.htm), "most babies born with the birth defect Spina Bifida are born to parents with no family history of the birth defect."   From what I understand about genetic links to problems like cancer, family history generally only extends to the mother/father and sister/brother and the grandparents on each side. I don't know if that's the case in...
Hi, everyone. This is my first post. Also my first pregnancy. So I apologize in advance if I ask a lot of dumb questions. :) Right now I am about 5 weeks and 6 days since LMP and I've had three positives on the Dollar Store tests. I've also had two hCG blood tests, which is where my question comes in.   My fiance's family carries a translocated gene in their bloodline... I'll save the long explanation, but the short story is that about 50% of pregnancies (regardless...