or Connect

Posts by bnakol

Hi ladies, I offer placenta encapsulation in the DFW area (I am also a birth doula). I just wanted to let you all know that I am running a special through the end of the year (ending dec 31, 2012) for placenta encapsulation.   The special: if they sign up by dec 31 (do NOT have to have your baby by then, just sign up) you will recieve services for 175$. If they refer a friend and that friend signs up by the 31st they will receive their services for...
i live in Texas and am thinking about doing this program, but i was just wondering if anyone out there has done this and if you could give me your thoughts? did you like it? should i choose a different course, or stick with this one? thanks!! 
Does anyone know if there are any midwife missions options anywhere other than the Philippines or africa? Like thailand or brazil or something?
Thank you! Im so excited to get started! How much were your books for starting up? Just trying to get a feel for how much I need up front. If you haven't heard of it already mercy in action does a clinical outreach and their site says its a qualified narm out of country site (or something along those lines lol) im hoping to do that once I finish my didactic phase.
hey! thanks so much for your help! i feel like my posts have been super short and not necessarily friendly lol but i have been using the internet on my phone and i hate trying to type long things on it!    anyway =D i think that i have decided to go with the midwives institute of america...i feel like that is exactly what i am looking for and i am very excited to get started!! Are you really enjoying the program? what is the course work like? I emailed the program...
I honestly don't know what all im supposed to do...im going to do the narm pep but I don't really understand what I need...and id love t apprentice, how do I go about doing this? It will probably take me a while too I have 2 kiddos 21 months and 3 months :-)
Thanks for responding...I actually don't want to get my cnm, I just want to ft the midwife training for home births and third world country visits as my husband and I aspire to do medical missions...I wont be starting nursing school for a few years so I thought I could get my midwifery stuff done in the mean time(most programs I've seen are about 2 years?) I am trying to decide between mercy in action, midwife to be and midwifery institute of america...
Hi ladies! I have been doing a ton of research on becoming a midwife and I am a little overwhelmed with options lol I am going to school to get my nursing degree but that wont take place for another at least 3 years...im currently a stay at home mom and Hubby is just starting to go through his nursing program.. Anyway :-) I know I want to get my nursing degree but I also want to be trained as a midwife and I would like to do a course that I can do at home for the most...