or Connect

Posts by lapahu

I share your opinion, nothing to add :)  I really enjoy speaking different l-ges witg my DS, so I don't think I will give up, just may be from time to time  I will change the techniques , and even if he will not speak other l-ges right now it will be easier for him to study them later.
My husband speaks English, but his English isn't good enough and it's a kind of profssional l-ge. Anyway it would be strange even if he would like to do it. i like him talking and singing to our DS in French, there is a lot of tenderness, sure he won't be at ease with English. I really want my son to speak three l-ges, that's why I started this thread. The problem is that I speak two l-ges and one of them is not my native, though frankly speaking I know more English...
The question how to teach the children a foreign l-ge is really so important for me that i started a new thread in multicultural families, so if you prefer write there. Dear Zoebird thank you for support, i have plenty of examples as well, but the problem is that every time the child was exposed to a native speaker. there is no doubt that speaking Russian to my child is more natural, English seems to be artificial, but I can't simply stop now and i do not want to....
I have reposted the thread in the multicultural families, you are right, it's more apropriate,and I have found some interesting informaion there as well, thanks again. i like your idea about a visial indicator of l-ge change, i used to speak English in the morning and russian in the afternoon, so we can use something like traffic lights and change the colours when swifting to the other l-gen But i think it will always be French in the evening as my DH doesn't speak...
Hello to everyone, Initially I asked this question in "learning at home'" section, but I was advised to repost it here in multicultural families as more appropriate. My DS is 25 months old, we live in France, my husband is French, I'm Russian so naturally we speak two languages to him... oops, three, as when he was born I started to speak English to him as well. Actually the first song I was singing to him in the maternity ward was Ba, ba black sheep... just because...
Hello to everyone, I suppose this topic would be interesting to a lot of parents. My DS is 25 months old, we live in France, my husband is French, I'm Russian so naturally we speak two languages to him... oops, three, as when he was born I started to speak English to him as well. Actually the first song I was singing to him in the maternity ward was Ba, ba black sheep... just because I like it. Later I read  and I heard that there is a rule one parent-one language...
Vellamo, thank you for reply. No, you are not beeing harsh, I know what you mean. When my boy was born I read a book on bilingual children and i remember the rule: one parent - one language. nevertheless i gave it a try and I started to speak English as well ( my native language is Russian) and I see the results, but may be you are right, I mean about seeing and thinking in other language. I agree that that beeing bilingual it's not just having two similar...
yes, thank you. you really helped me to realise what I do.
now it's becoming clearer to me. i did not know that one story could be told for such a long time, it's been recently that i started interested in waldorf method, and I've read that a story should be told for 2 weeks, in the other article for 3 days. we change a story every week. now i can see how I can tell it in both l-ges if i swift to 2 or 3 weeks' period. I have some other questions as well. Do you tell EXACTLY the same story during 12 weeks or you make some...
thank you for reply. may be i make my stories too complicated as i try to integrete the rhymes which is not so easy to reproduce in both languages. i will think it over. that's when I make the puppet show during storitelling time. I tell the simpler stories as well, when I dress my boy or when we play in the garden or when I take him for a walk, something like you say feeding the animals or riding a horse. No problem with that. I do it in whatever language i want to...