or Connect

Posts by Kbugs mommy

I had heard that hep B and vit k were not good at birth and so i refused vit k until we were leaving the hospital and he has never had the hep B shot. At his two month appointment they gave him five shots in two injections(DTaP and something else) and he SCREAMED(not the usual baby cry, he *screamed*) for two days refusing to nurse and was so tired he would fall asleep screaming, whimper for a second and wake up screaming again.... For TWO DAYS! On baby Tylenol... After...
I was in charge of the nursery until about two weeks ago so i was in there all the time. I am a single mom so i don't have the option of a so, i am his only caregiver(and my mom sometimes). He is definitely going through separation anxiety. When i am in the room he is super happy to be in there and will let people play with him or hold him. He will stay for about 20 min after i leave, then start crying very hard with the gut wrenching cry. Thats what i have a problem...
Thank you all. I really needed some words of encouragement. I love you guys!
I had a hard time with the crying thing too. it will get easier. my son is almost 19 mo now now and things are a breeze compared to a few months ago. He talks a lot now. Keep your head up.   I'm a stay/work at home mom. I do child care so it's usually me and him + 1 or 2 :)  
My almost 19mo son is like that until time to nurse, sometimes he wants me to play but mostly he likes his independence.
Tummy to tummy time(in a carrier) works wonders for me when i start to feel disconnected, you don't have to cuddle or anything but being close makes you more aware.. Also down time to just pay attention to her. Just going with your gut feeling is what usually works for me. The more time you spend with only you and her, on the same level, doing what she wants to do, the more you will see her cues. At fourteen months you should be able to start asking simple questions. Are...
I have always taken that as a ready for potty time sign. We have been ECing since 5 or 6 months with two potty strikes. During potty strikes he is a dream to change but when he started being all arms and legs its back to the potty, and both times he has had a pretty smooth transition.
Soft balls are a great idea.   In church he will not stay in nursery for more then twenty minutes. I have just not gone to church a lot when i know he is in a particularly crazy mood or we were having a rough day, i just stay in the nursery with him most of the time.... Sometimes i just want to have ONE service. I refuse to have him screaming in the nursery though. So its my need against his need for mommy. He always wins, lol.   I will definitely take a look at some...

I feel the worst about other people, they don't understand the 'injustice' of not getting a child in trouble for hurting them.