or Connect

Posts by dmpkmom

humor attempt...I knew I should have joined the October group! This baby, I think, wants to wait.I just don't feel up to some major "get out" attempts yet but am getting nervous as it feels like there can't be any fluid, just baby in there now. How can something that big get past my pelvis?????? It feels massive but my last 42 weeker was only 7 lbs so...maybe I'm wrong. WCM, are you doing some good long blocks (~4-6 hrs at a time)? Also let down in a towel before...
just bought a Nike tee shirt that has one of their inspiring sayings on it to wear during labor. You think it will do the trick? I've decided I need a bit a humor and that made me laugh, so I got it even if it gets ruined. Also voiced my fears to hubby last night..he doesn't get it b/c he's the optimist of us but at least if felt like an off load. lots of loose bowels but no mucous, no serious contractions. Today I will walk the stairs sidesways 10X.
I'm so tired of feeling crampy and scared. I guess that's good..means the end must be close. Now I just need to let myself and baby get to the other side. I don't remember going thru this last time, I just wanted him out. Period.
silvermoon, I'm still hanging in here w/ out at 41+2. I'm a vbac so I won't be induced drug wise. Your docs can't force you to be induced and if you are willing to agree, at least wait until you are just on the cusp of 42 weeks. I'm sorry your hubby doesn't get it. The ICAN webistes might have some quick reads (maybe start here: http://blog.ican-online.org/2011/07/18/on-induction-of-labor/ )to give to your hubby about keeping interventions as low as possible. I too want...
oh so sweet is she!!!!
mamanF, my DS had a clogged/goopy eye for a month. I tried the bmilk, warm compresses, etc. It was sorta rediculous so finally I got the erythromycin ointment and after a few treatments it cleared up. If I see it again, I won't wait b/c he went thru his first many weeks only being able to see out of one eye. I feel terrible about it still. okay ladies, I'm offically having fears again. I just don't know where to go. I'm not scared for baby at birth, I'm scared of...
had my midwife do her own NST today (I guess she can detect a movement then records how the heart rate changes and its suppose to occur 1 x in 6 minutes). All looked good. she left it up to me to do a NST at the hospital at 41+3. she is willing to let me go a few days over 42 if all looks okay.
mymaya, call infantrisk.com's hotline. usually regular MDs are wrong about breastfeeding and med compatability bc they just ready the PDR, not b/c they understand penetration into bmilk or past baby's gut  (ie if your pain meds are IV, then the chances that they can cross a gut barrier are low).   also see if you can get your hubby to get an SNS and finger feed baby so you don't deal w/ bottle preference when this is all over. do you have an LC to help you all...
carlin, thank you for telling me I'm not the only one not quite mentally ready! I feel guilty and sorta like my hubby thinks I'm keeping baby in (I really did think Thrusday night I as in labor and woke him, etc, so he got all mentally geared up). I'm so sorry you are dealing w/ rude comments on the home front. That is just crazy. I know not many folks see what 40 weeks pg looks like (just like they dont' see what 1 week old babies look like) but still...take a lesson from...
I am 40 and 5 today and I am probably the only one NOT wanting to go into labor! I has some very regular contractions the night before last and I completely freaked out/totally panic attack about not being ready! I think I know its so much easier w/ baby on the inside and for some reason, I'm scared of handling labor even though I did pretty good all by myself last time. The fear of the unknown is huge. HUGE. I wish I could find a sense of "i'm ready now/bring it on" but...