or Connect

Posts by dmpkmom

having a few tarps on the floor is a good idea too..even if you have baby in bed, you'll get up afterwards to pee while drippping stuff (or you are stand/delivering and you give your hubby a good splash). Peroxide is amazing on blood as I said before...like cool to watch even. Get mega bottle size or two. I just found queen fitted on amazon pretty cheaply. target here only had sets. good will or the like is a good idea too.
Hyde, I get a horrible pain in my upper right quadrant. I've gotten it w/ all 3 pregnancies. Its very positional. Its worst sittin the or laying on my side. Like you, laying on my back/reclining is my only pain free position and so I sleep in the lazy boy the last month of pregnancies. It radiates to my back at its worst and once it gets bothered it takes a few hours to un-irritate. I'm pretty confident its NOT organ or stones b/c its w/ every pregnancy and its so...
mamanF, hugs to you and your girls. That stinks about the ex thing. This start of school drama so near due dates is the pits. Im so sensitive to the tiniest thing that makes DD's life difficult (like the playground at the school is shut for maintenance...and that made me cry for her). At the same time her behavior is about as bad as its been since she was 3 and my patience is low so I'm not being the mom I need to be for her.
any dress that is a bit stretch and v-necked or cross over would probably work to pull down/to the side rather than up. same goes for shirts.  It does show more skin this way but I'd much rather that than deal w/ a ton of fabric to hold up on my chest and try to see baby's latch (esp since this is  your first..you'll want site of the latch in the early weeks)
I forgot about the olive oil! The things I wished I had more of were: towels for the coming in/out of the shower, birth tub and shower again and bottles of peroxide. That stuff does wonders on blood stains...I mean wonders! Extra crock pots of water. I used a heating pad during labor...that was like heaven. It was the only time I sat down in 12 hrs. sitz herbs! extra puppy pads (disposable absorbant things)..we burned thru a ton.
I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and I want to try to make it thru the friday after this..there's data coming in I want to present b/c its kind of the final story in what I've done for the last 5 months and the temp covering for me has sooooo much to do w/out this added pressure (they laid off 1/2 our company recently so she has to be me + 2 other people!) I carried to 42 last time and worked to 40 but I have a nagging feeling this baby isn't gonna cook that long. It just feels too...
I'm too impressed by you checkers! I've done it successfully once when not pg (hmm..actually come to think of it, it was when I was oops, getting pregnant and was trying to figure out if I would indeed get pg. I thought i would and did....I ovulated on day 28-29 it seems!). To that end, this whole pg has been a bit of a denial for me and here it is, Sept and I still can't complete accept that this baby is gonna be here! We have barely a name list, I've gotten a few...
i think you float too much to sit on a birthing stool in the tub! reverse drain can be done ..you ever take a chemsitry class and they tell you not to pipet by mouth...well....um....as long as your remove your mouth soon enough, you can get the suction going by mouth or sometimes gravity will do it all by itself..sometimes you need the suction to remove the air bubble in the line. if you have a air pump for a air mattress, that might also start the suction but again..must...
agreed...I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure hubby filled from a garden hose snaked in from the outside via a window but b/c my birth tub had a heater, temp wasn't an issue. If you have a few crock pots or can borrow some, have extra hot water heating up in there and/or show your MW where your pans are (our MW's broke my totlocks trying to get into my pan cabinets! that is no small feat!). The one issue I see is w/ drainage. Can your hubby set up reverse suction into a...
MamanF, did you call the people you rented from? I had to extend my rental last time too. This time, I'm just doing w/out. Nukuspot, have you called around to PT/OT shops in your area to ask if they know of a therapy pool. We have a few in our area and you can get your MD to write you an "RX" for the use. They are warmer than a normal pool but not quite as hot as a hot tub. Just wondering if that might enable you to move pain free a little bit.