or Connect

Posts by ArtScienceDoula

What was the cost of this procedure?   I always noticed my son had a strange looking top lip (inside), but never knew a lip tie was a thing. I am considering lip tie laser surgery for my 19 month old because he is having difficulty speaking. His lip tie is very sensitive and I believe it is causing pain and delaying his speech. We are also nursing still and I have over-producing breasts, but it makes sense that he wasn't getting a good latch. I had a lot of pain,...
Oh haha. Didn't realize this was in the UCB thread. Probably not what you were looking to hear. Whoopsie. Carry on.
Sounds like you know what's up (mother of three more babies than me ;) ), but perhaps a visit to the doctor or a call to a medical helpline would be prudent to rule out anything else?
After a year of practicing attachment parenting, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, post-partdum depressioning, I am waaaay burnt out. This looks like me freaking out and yelling at my amazing, but non-sleeping 1 year old when he refuses to nap and then breaking down in tears for an hour or so once a week or so. Neither is healthy for my baby...I know this and feel very ashamed. Daddy has taken the baby for a total of 6 hours since birth when I have been out of...
CanadianHippie: I don't know if "aggressive" is the correct term. I don't think a grown man conducting violent behaviour would be less "aggressive" than a baby.   Here is the scientific answer to your question, Mrs. T:   Two year olds are going through a state called "counterwill". It is a natural state that all children go through and is in fact a miracle of evolution that creates diversity. How? By ensuring your child ends up different than you. They go...
I just bought a couple of pairs of split pants and they only stay up with the help of an awesome cloth diaper made especially for ECing called Ecapants. I first put the chap-style split pants on and was like "what a waste of money--they just fall off", but with the Ecapants on top (it has a little belt that snaps around baby and a front flap that flips down for easy potty-offerings...I freaking love them) it works well. I will just cut a big hole in the crotch of all my...