or Connect

Posts by christinahudler

Yea...definitely feeling judged when the situation wasn't known. We had to move here for financial reasons.  My husband and I were both managers and the place closed to move, it was under the table so we couldn't collect unemployment.  After talking up everything really big about us getting work while it was moving (helping build the seating in the new place, etc) the owner instead decided to hire a bunch of highschool kids who would work for cheaper because he was...
I tell them on a regular basis why we made this choice, so I hope that we won't have those issues.  I add in things like asking my oldest how he would feel if he had to move away from his best friend Michael right now and he tells me how sad he would be and I explain that if I had him come live with me he would live very far from Michael and wouldn't get to play with him every day.  He just smiles and tells me that he knows I love him because I want him to be happy...so I...
Quick question because I don't know the rules here on Mothering.  I have a very new blog and I made two posts about "No Poo".  One goes over my routine and explains some ways to tailor it to your hair type, the other explains the ways I saved myself from going crazy through the detox stage.  Am I allowed to link to the blog posts if I'm not making money or anything from this?  Is it spam...?
It depends on the child IMO.  My first loved being in the pack and play and wanted to just chill in there even when I wanted to play with him on the floor.  With my second I only used it once she was older and we were on vacation and needed somewhere for her to sleep.  My youngest is 6 months and we haven't used his yet.    
I had a lady sell me some Baby Land/Baby City diapers for really cheap on a Facebook group.  I had never used them and now know that they're a cheap diaper off Ebay.  That's fine for now because I just needed some diapers to round out my stash, but I'm having major leak problems.  I've stripped them like crazy and I don't think that's the issue, so I have no idea what's going on with them.  I tend to stick to other diapers, this was a first.  I was thinking they don't...
  What type of hair do you and/or your family members have? I'm the only No Poo person, and mine is down to about my shoulders and typically is oily.   How long have you been 'poo free?  What are the changes, if any, that you've noticed in your hair/scalp? About 5-6 months now.  I've noticed that I never get dandruff and my hair never gets oily anymore.   What is your no 'poo routine?  2Tbsp baking soda to 8 oz water, found that I needed this much *at least*...
Haven't read all the comments, but I definitely want to join in this thread. My husband's parents wanted to take over our finances before Christmas because they were going to "save us money" so that we could get the kids Christmas presents.  We laughed a bit and went along and just as we thought...they can't save us money because there is NO SPARE MONEY to save.  I get so frustrated when people try and suggest we do this or that and seem to not really understand that we...
I have never taken part in one of these challenges, so I was wondering what it's about :).  Is it a 100 item declutter type thing?  I am in desperate need to declutter our home so if that's what this is...I'm in!  We have such a small space and so much stuff it's ridiculous.  It doesn't help that my husband is technology obsessed (I am too to an extent) and so we have a ridiculous amount of DVDs and video games.  He also keeps the cases to every single dvd and video game...
I haven't been on mothering for a bit so I just now saw this had another reply. I don't know your situation, but *hugs* and I hope it gets better. My ex-husband is a great father and whatnot now...but when we first separated he was supposed to take the kids for a weekend and then just never brought them back. Which is legal here. I was insanely depressed for a while because I couldn't even go see my kids. Thankfully he grew up and I started being able to see them prior to...
The vegan scene here in Jacksonville, nc is almost non-existant. I'm in a local meetup group where many eat "mostly vegetarian" but there are only a couple of vegans. It's a drastic change from when I lived in asheville where there were vegan restaurants (even some with raw options) and tons of vegan potluck meetups. Those were the days....