or Connect

Posts by Greenfrogs

scissors
Another thing to remember is that some of us are planners and some of us are fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants-ers. I'm the former (like you) and DH is the latter (like your DH). Both are fine, but in order for people with this particular difference to build a lasting relationship, there has to be LOTS of communication and compromise. Good luck![/QUOTE] Mild_adventurer, Thanks for the perspective. I am definitely a planner, but can also be very flexible. I...
Phoolove It is nice to know that someone else is in the same situation. pranamama, He is a great guy and yes his accommodating nature is a plus on the one hand. I do love his easygoing nature. So in many ways I don't want to change the personality that has put him in the situation he is in. Like Phoolove's DP, he is also just trying to keep the peace. I respect him for that. I also know that his ex has taken advantage of his nature, as mine once did to...
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipcanning.htm This is site that explains the risks of canning baby food. I think what they are trying to say that there is ALWAYS a greater risk of botulism with home canning. Older children and adults can more easily handle botulism exposure, babies cannot (the risk is higher). So I think that it is not so much that you CAN'T can baby food it is just that the risks are higher. Maybe you can freeze the vegetables.
Quote: Originally Posted by dajoma Greenfrogs - what did you do with your first batch that might have turned out like mine? Can I still store them and eat them later? As for using the strainer - should I be eliminating some of the juice before canning the tomato puree? I want to give this another attempt tonight if possible. My first batch was about 1/3 liquid the rest tomato solids. I used them in soups/stews liquid and all. The jars aren't...
Quote: Originally Posted by dajoma Yesterday I got 2 beautiful bushels of heirloom tomatoes. I am brand new to canning, but I thought no time is better than the present to start. So after collecting my information about canning from the woman who sold me the tomatoes, a friend who cans, this forum, links from this forum and books; I gave it a try. I started by sticking the tomatoes in boiling water for one minute and cooling them down before running them...
Yes, I need to talk to him about it. I am trying to find the right time. He does not do well if you simply confront him out of no where. He does better if you discuss as things are happening. I just need to be prepared. He knows that her behavior really irks me, but it is only more recently as things have become more...what it the right word...not serious, it's always serious...but more "routine", "settled", "significant othery, that it has really has made me start...
Weighed self this morning. I have lost 3 pounds. Yeah. However, I am at the end of my period and it might just be bloat water . Let's see how it goes next week.
I think what I really need to think about is whether I want him to be a boyfriend: guy you hang out with, have fun. Or do I want him to be a significant other: someone you depend on, a partner in life. Maybe it is best to just not let it get anymore serious, back off a lot with activities that involve our kids.
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenwith4 Is there any way to adapt for canning a recipe for something like this? I would need to leave out the cheese but if I canned the veggies in a small jar I could just blend it with the cream cheese when I open it couldn't I? tia Karen I would think so you would have to process in a pressure cooker in a similar fashion to vegetables of the same sort.