or Connect

Posts by ameliaanne

From yesterday -- 26 weeks :)
Not the best picture of me, but oh well! This is from last week -- 23 weeks 6 days with baby #2 :)
YAY! Another Amelia! I am Amelia Anne, with a 3 syllable last name, and growing up I just LOVED my name :)
Just wanted to chime in -- I vividly remember being 4 years old and present at the birth of my next-younger sister!! It was a positive experience for me, even though it turns out that the hospital birth was a bit traumatic for my mom. I remember loving to have things I could do to help my mama, like feeding her ice chips, wiping her forehead, etc. (it made me feel oh so important!), so talking about specific things your daughter can do to help might be good. Also, I...
Due January 12th, Baby #2
We use GMD organic prefolds, pins, and wool covers or longies. My daughter is only 16 months old now, so we still have all of her stash, although I'll need to knit a few more newborn woolies just to replace things that got felted a bit. With her, because of an extremely tight budget, we skipped the NB sized prefolds and just made do with slightly bigger ones...with this babe I'll definitly make it a priority to get the NB size!
I liked these when I was pregnant with my daughter: http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Vitamin-Code/Multivitamin-Formulas/RAW-Prenatal.aspx   They are pricey, but I felt it was worth it. I still take prenatal vits while bf-ing, but not as high quality because of the $
"Liked" both pages on Facebook (user name Amelia Barnaby). I'd sure love to win this! :)
M-W was closest for me! Fern was born on January 28th, at 41w3d.    
Fern Ophelia, born peacefully at home on 1/28/2012, 8lbs., 21.5" long.