or Connect

Posts by RenoKirbyButtrs

Due May 7 with a boy. :)
This is a good-looking group of babies! Nice work, everyone.   Princess puff...OK, should it really be a "puff" for our LOs? Seems a bit early for that, KWIM? She would probably drop dead if she heard the delightful collection of names I have for mine (I like to reclaim pejorative terms for vagina, but won't go into detail here). Our u/s tech, on the other hand, referred to our baby's parts as a "third leg." Pics to come soon! 
  Dropping back in after some (very busy) time away. Thanks to forestmushroom for keeping this going!   Name: Jamie Weeks/Days along: 19 weeks  Appointments: U/S on 12/22, about which I'm super excited. It's also the first day of winter break (holla!) Symptoms: Feeling large! Is that a symptom? My pelvic bones were sore all day, like they're coming apart. I feel pretty big and know the worst is yet to come. I have an 18 week pic I meant to put in the belly...
I fear this as well. My parents came back from their vacation with a list of names. I'm not sure what they were thinking.   Having been a substitute teacher for three years, a lot of children have ruled names out for me!  And I'm not a big fan of creating a name or finding a totally obscure one. I guess it turns out I have a lot of name criteria. For girls, it has to have some versatility, not too feminine. I like Sadie, Josie, Morgan and Lucy. Boys -- I am stuck on. I've...
This may sound dumb but...where do you rinse them? I started a thread with CD questions a while back and a lot of mamas said not to bother with the spray nozzle thing on the toilet because it just got poo speckles everywhere.   I am really wanting to CD but trying to decide what to buy before baby gets here is a tad intimidating. This thread helps, though.
These are great! Poppy, very impressive. Linnie, I adore all your lovely settings for your photos! I will have to start commissioning others to take mine so they aren't all in the bathroom!
Wow, this is reassuring! I miss sleeping on my back, though now it starts out comfortably and ends up less so. I am trying everything to sleep through the night (propping up my head, breathe right strips, body pillow) and it's not going well. Maybe if I can stress out less about back sleeping, I'll do better.   This reminds me, my latest harebrained idea is to start a Pregnant Lady Camp where we just just focus on eating and sleeping and not have to deal with...
I have heard different things about when it is supposed to straighten. I mentioned it to my MW at my 13-week appt, but at that point I was more concerned about hearing the heartbeat. She didn't mention what position it was in at the time but agreed that it was tilted (doing a manual pelvic exam). Maybe I will ask more specifically next time. But I'm just about as puffy as everyone else on the board seems to be, too! So I'm taking that as a good sign. Noticing the flutters...
It sounds like you are getting an extra helping of this "advice" because of where you work. I'm sorry none of these benevolent advice-givers seems to remember the part of their own pregnancy where they were fed up with people doing the same thing to them!   I agree, these decisions are so, so personal. I have really tried to avoid talking about it at all, but it's easier for me as I don't work in a medical setting, and my friends who have had kids seem to remember...
Congrats to you lucky mamas who can feel your babies. I can't wait. I am almost 16 weeks, and MW said that was the soonest I should expect it, though that's sooner than a lot of what you read about FTMs. I also have a tilted uterus. Would that matter at this point or would it have straightened out by now? For what it's worth, she found the heartbeat no problem at 13 weeks.     That does help. :) Being a teacher I am counting the months until break, which are also the...