or Connect

Posts by RenoKirbyButtrs

I have been thinking of posting too, but I think mine is still so much bloating! I just want it to be a little cuter. 
Thanks for all of your wisdom. Looking at the various web sites, a lot of these sound similar. I'm not sure whether I'm better off with the type of method that teaches you to expect pain and how to cope, or refocuses you. I tried the free Hypnobabies relaxation track when I had a headache and it seemed to help some. I even used my signal word for relaxation at the orthodontist when they were grinding down my teeth and that helped a lot! Sounds silly, I know. But my...
My parents really surprised me with the facebook stuff. I told my mom right away, like within hours, because she knew I was trying, and (long story short) I knew I would be telling friends that day. She acted really worried and shocked. I told her early on that our family could know. Others in our family have had miscarriages before, so I thought it might be wise in case I needed a support system. When I went out to dinner with my parents, they were saying things like...
We are pulling for you. 
OK, I am curious about this Ramzi method. Please be gentle on me as this is my first pregnancy and I'm not as knowledgeable as you ladies about everything we've got cooking along in the old uterus. So if I have an 8-week abdominal ultrasound, and the baby is in the lower right corner, does that mean the placenta is on the left or the right? Or is it not technically a "placenta" at that point? I feel dumb asking, but curiosity has really gotten the better of me when it...
First timer here as well. When I'm at work, I feel guilty about not taking better care of myself and spending more time with DH. When I'm at home, I feel guilty about not working more. I worry about how I am going to juggle it when the baby is actually here! I definitely will need to go back to work.   poppy - I hear you on worrying about never feeling well. Here's hoping we all feel better soon. I worry about that too, especially the fatigue. Everyone keeps saying a...
I love all the ways you guys get your kids involved in clean up. My husband and I have also fantasized about the day that Junior will be old enough to help out (since long before I was pregnant, hee hee). Astraia, as others have said, don't ever feel bad about venting! This is a great place for it (I say this as a relative newbie, but still). We're here to listen. If you're anything like me, the dirt and clutter is more irritating to pregnant me, and I am just way too...
I do, you're right. I got some pants there a while back. Unfortunately we just have one and it's a bit out of the way so I always forget about it. I swear, where I live there is a near-constant pregnancy rate of about 30% and yet there are no places to buy maternity, retail or resale!  
Layne, I think you have brought some much-needed nuance to this conversation, namely that not all diseases are transmitted the same way, and that not all vaccines work the same way. But I am really with you on this point. I am a public school teacher. Hopefully that and my pro-vax position doesn't get me expelled from MDC. (Kidding, kidding. ) But I have had parents send their kids to school with all kinds of crud (strep throat, hand-foot-and-mouth disease) in the hopes...
I'm trying to think of a way we could collect all this data we are sharing now about food cravings and aversions, then compare it to the gender of everyone's baby as they find out/give birth, to see if there is any correlation.