or Connect

Posts by RenoKirbyButtrs

I would agree this was one of my first symptoms, though I didn't know at first it was a symptom. I had one dream where my sister wouldn't speak to me because I let her dog off her leash. In order to get back in her good graces, I had to babysit her talking pet caterpillar. You wouldn't think that would be hard, but that thing had me running my butt off!
I see a lot of ladies posting about iron. I have a tendency to run a bit low (not what you'd call anemic, but just low). Is it harder to keep your iron up in pregnancy? I like beans and red meat but don't eat either consistently.    I got a call back from the midwife/OB office and they are now doing "confirmation visits," where they do an u/s to date the pregnancy! I am over-the-moon excited. Unfortunately, I can't do it next week (week 7) because DH is trapped at...
Under normal circumstances, sure, but I am concerned about foodborne illness (salmonella, etc.) Really just undercooked meats and eggs.   Sara, I saw your post on the other thread about you and DP being pregnant at the same time -- wow! That must be an experience. How far along is DP?
Karla, so sorry for your loss. Your peace and strength are inspiring.   Jello, keeping you in my thoughts. Know that we are all hoping you get some reassurance tomorrow.
Name: Jamie Weeks/Days along: 6 weeks tomorrow! Appointments: I called for one on Tuesday and am still waiting for a call back.  Symptoms: They come and go. Boobies hurt, sleeeepy the last few days. Nausea has no real pattern that I can see. Bloated. TMI -- I mostly just wish I was, ahem, regular. Food: So far a nosh every couple of hours seems to work best. I love to eat anything and that hasn't changed, but I've been avoiding the undercooked things I used to love...
Hello, I'm 29 (will be 30 when baby arrives), and this is #1 -- we are thinking this is the first and the last. Due 5/8/2012.   Boobs are killing me, a little nausea. The bloating is unreal - I've already incorporated some maternity pants and a belly band. The pants are a little big but my normal pants are really uncomfortable, so I'm kind of in limbo.   I don't notice the extra trips to the bathroom except at night. For awhile I was waking up at 5:30, this...
Meredith, Janellody, BubbleMa, I am out of the loop about your ! Congrats to you three, so wonderful to see some familiar faces/names here.   I also saw the facebook meme and wanted to say "I'm five weeks and everything smells terrible but I'm eating it anyway!"     Meredith, I am with you on this timing thing -- it is fabulous! How long do you plan to wait before you tell your principal? I am a bloated hot mess and afraid people will suspect soon, but since I'm...
So excited to see you all there! I got my BFP on Saturday at 11 dpo. Fertility Friend is telling me 5/8 is my date. I'm hoping for right then or a bit later -- I'm a first-year teacher and school gets out just before Memorial Day. SoSurreal, I was wondering the same thing about twins, since AF wasn't due until today and the BFP was darker than I expected. I think it was really 12 dpo but still. I guess time will tell for both of us!
Hi again, thanks all. I appreciate all the support I got while things were grim, and it's great to finally have so much good news to share. I did take a digi on Sunday, and I think I'll use some more internet strips this week to see if the line keeps getting darker. I was testing on Saturday "just in case," because I was only 11 dpo and was spending the weekend with friends. I did not expect anything this definitive! The digi was a BFP too. I was trying to find the kind...
So...   I got a job! Last week. I am a teacher for real now. So I'm really happy that this happened today:       OMG. OMG. OMG.