or Connect

Posts by Grantsmommy

Of course I understand! I can learn from everyone's experiences, too. I hope you have found a way to help your kids feel better. Nothing is more frustrating then feeling confused about your child's health. I deal with that every day in my chiorpractic practice. On a positive note...I found a recipe for bread made without eggs or gluten. I made it for the first tme yesterday and ds LOVED it! Yeah!: He couldn't believe I made it...he thought I bought it. He's so...
I didn't get to call today. I'll try tomorrow...
Wow, JacquelineR! It sounds like your son has a pretty strong rx to dairy. I am going to call the ND today and get his take on my ds' symptoms. I will clarify the IgE test results and what they mean in relation to IgE levels and ana. Maybe because we had blood tests done (as opposed to skin tests) the results are more reflective of the possibility of anaphylaxis. I'll let you all know what he says.
I can't use any eggs...can I use the egg replacer for whole eggs and egg whites, too?
No, I understand. I know you all have first-hand experience with this stuff...which is why I came here. I had him tested for IgE and IgG at the same time. He came back with hugh IgE to salmon and cod, so we avoid all fish. We had been avoiding it anyway. That is a pretty easy one to get around. He was high on the egg white and low on corn and some other fish (snapper?). The ND said that I should not worry about anaphylaxsis, just don't do fish and avoid...
Whoh! I didn't intend to get you guys so riled up! I tried to call the ND yesterday, but he was closed. I will try again on Monday. Grant has NO egg, except for the occasional thing he eats that he doesn't realize has egg in it. He knows about the allergies, so he monitors himself when he is at school. As an infant, touching egg (or salmon) would cause him to break out. Now, his reaction seems much less. If he accidentally eats some egg in a cookie (or something)...
He is positive IgE for fish and eggs only. We have not been strict with the GF thing up to this point, but we are now. We'll see how he does. Thanks for the advice.
I will check out the book. I know that his exposure to the IgG allergens can cause the mucous buildup. The only time he has any egg (IgE response) is if it is in something that we don't know about. The ND said not to worry about anaphylaxis with him, but I bought some chewing benedryl to have on hand just in case (first drug purchase in 15 years). Basically, I'm a bit baffled by the fever. If his symptoms were different each time, I might think his immune system was...
DS is 8 and has been diagnosed with IgE for egg and IgG for gluten. We have mostly eliminated the egg (which stings his tongue) and partially eliminated the gluten. About every 4-6 weeks he gets a runny nose that turns into a fever (usually around 102) with shallow breathing. Then he starts coughing and vomits some mucus a few times and starts to get better. The ND that did his allergy testing said that the gluten allergy probably is the cause of his cyclical illness. ...