or Connect

Posts by Amanda Leigh

Long time since an update, but here we are at 697 items gone! We had a rummage sale and donated everything that didn't sell and that really helped!
A very inexpensive option is cotton flannel receiving blankets as flats. I had a bunch and they work really well.
Oh, also I leave a lot of the absorbancy up front. If I use a doubler at all, I fold it in half and stick it in the front of the diaper, the back of their diapers is almost never wet even when the front is.
I have twin boys and I can say it depends on the baby for peeing and erection issues. They both peed some times, but DS2 usually peed on himself not on me. I just dropped a cloth wipe over his penis if I was going to be slow changing the diaper. Also DS2 had erection all the time, DS1 has them from time to time but less often. I just put the diaper on and ignore it. We also cloth diapered with BG 4.0 in the beginning, but we've had rash issues so I'm switching over to...
I use it too and wash all together. We don't have a smell after washing. Are you diluting it enough? We use one cap full with 2-3 cups of water.
I was just looking on this group for information about anxiety about the NICU. We only had 17 days in the NICU, but they were still very hard. My boys are 7.5 months old and I still have a full body anxiety attack when driving the route from my home to/past the NICU. We have had to go to some appointments in the medical offices next to the hospital and I have to plan extra time to allow me to calm down. I have a hard time not just "getting through it." By that I mean...
I agree with the EZ 2 Nurse pillow and like the previous post said you don't really need two of everything. We had one swing and one bouncy chair which was a great help. As they got older we did get two bumbo chairs and we used those a lot. My advice would be if you think you need/want something and have to buy it only get one at first and see if you wish you had two, then get a second one. Otherwise you might just have extra stuff cluttering up your space.   Also...
Another helpful thing for us was to use a rolled receiving blanket under the baby's butt to help position them when they were "froggy" legged inside the ergo. We had an infant insert and we hated it. It was just one more thing to fumble with and the rolled blanket under their butt worked better.  I was able to do front and back carries both before they could hold their heads up really well since they were so little the back of the carrier came up higher than their heads....
When they were really little I carried them together in an ergo. It's not strictly approved, but I felt that I could keep their butts in safely since they really were tiny. Here's a pic:     We also did front and back Ergo quite a bit when I had them by myself. I also found that if I was out and about with family or friends most people were willing to carry or "ergo" a baby.  I'm currently making two fitted pocket slings with material I have around the house in...
We never used one. We have two Ergos and both DH and I didn't like the insert. We just used a rolled blanket under their butts. They were both little enough that their heads were supported by the Ergo, so we didn't even need it.