or Connect

Posts by nursingmommaof2

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you only wanted to be told what you want to hear.   Great job mama! Don't worry about dds feelings or the fact that the social world has changed since you were in school! Just keep doing what you have been doing, your dd will appreciate so much that you stuck to your guns and refused to consider any opinions other than your own, especially not hers! I totes agree that 7 is too young to have valid feelings. I love the idea of the adults...
Yeah, paint on her jeans is not going to make her the coolest kid on the block. I seriously question if any of you remember what it was like to be teased and taunted for continuously not having the right clothes or tech or newest toy. Times are different, and just because in your 30s or 40s you can look back at your school life and say that never having anything new never bothered you does not mean that it will not bother the OPs daughter right now as she is living it. I...
You don't want you child to get contagious and serious VPDs, but you won't vaccinate. You don't see the disconnect? 
Do you want to clarify this?
What?     
Just a quick though, what is she writing with? Could you get her a fountain pen or a dip and ink well (VERY MESSY) to make handwriting more fun? Even as an adult when I bought a dip pen and ink well I couldn't stop writing, it was such a novelty. You can buy some gorgeous coloured inks. You could make up another game about living in centuries past writing letters (because there was no internet!) or tie it in to a historical novel, I know one of the sequels to Little...
I don't think its kind to allow your child to be illiterate. Unschooling is not the answer for every child and parents need to know that the consequences of an uneducated child are severe.  
Oh I have an example right here of a child that may have done well in public school, but was never pushed, forced or encouraged to learn and now she is 15 and illiterate. It's our very own Rainbowmum!   From 2005: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/375386/my-unschooled-children-don-t-write My unschooled children don't write!! My eldest doesn't do this because she doesn't like her writing and is aware most kids (schooled) her age (12) have quite tidy writing...
I don't know about Similac but you can find special 'colic' formulas for babies. Hypoallergenic formula is available by prescription only. Make sure you take a good 3-4 weeks of formula with you in case you do need a script or you have trouble finding one that your babe can tolerate.    'Aptamil' is a big brand over there, maybe look up the ingredients online and see how it compares with what you are currently using. Good luck, hopefully you don't have to go through...
I would like it if Mothering stopped deleting any mention of a UC going badly. There have been many UC deaths that have been quickly covered up. Keeping those threads alive would alert potential UCs to the real risks of UC.