or Connect

Posts by Felicitymom

Yes, I am going to invest in a YM... it will be worth it.  The whole monitor, oven/cooler with a light bulb thing isn't quite worth it to me... Thanks for your replys.
I really have no idea having just brine d my first rabbit (in the fridge) a couple of weeks ago.   My guess is that the salt water brine is in and of itself not able to breed bacteria because of the salt.  In addition the meat will be cooked through, right?  I don't think I would keep it a room temp overnight... I would put it in the tub with some bagged ice if you are brinning longer than a few hours. 
Hey thanks so much for your reply.... I need a ym because the yogurt HAS to be 100 - 110 degrees for a full 24 hours in order that the lactose is completely gone.  My sensitive stomache cannot handle it any other way....
Okay, does anyone know a local source for raw goat milk?  or have a yogurt maker I could borrow?
Will be traveling to Pompano Beach the week of March 10 and would love to purchase some locally made goat yogurt from a trusted source.  The yogurt HAS to ferment for 24 hours...  does anyone do this?  or know someone on the GAPS diet that does?  
Well, I guess the 'I'm being too judgmental" have it... I suppose I am.  I do have issues with this mom and I see from the replies I have gotten that my issues are clouding my judgement.  I am all for choices and freedom.  I have chosen not to contact these folks anymore.  It just bothers me too much to see the monastic choices that they are making... I think the kids are fairing pretty well.  I mean they don't have chronic health issues and they do play and laugh and...
I have had issues with my 'friend' for a while now.  The short back story is that my dd and another little girl Natalie became friends in preschool.  They were two peas in a pod and really loved each other.  Natalie's mom and I have many things in common and always have lots to chat about.  I really thought this could be the beginning of a long friendship.  It has proven otherwise.   I am all for parents parenting their children how they see fit.  Whether to parent...
I agree with the PP about the extra bed next to 'your' bed... that worked for us for a while. We have played musical beds now for awhile... it seems somthing will work for a time and then we change it. All of us need to be happy with the sleep arrangements. Is there another bed in your home? Can there be one? aside from the couch. If your space is small and there is no room for another bed, than I suggest the small bed next to yours.... even if you have to loose a...
Also, your baby will go through many changes and what works now may not work in 5 months... and on and on. My advice to any parent who is navigating through co-sleeping night nursing is to be patient. Maybe your child can learn to fall asleep at the breast while you dose next to them. Maybe this will take more than a week of restlessness to even begin to work.... maybe longer. ONe thing that I know is that NO ONE before pregnancy ever even mentioned 'nighttime...
I would also guess that it is a growth spurt, need to eat thing. The hard part is that if you feed him (even a sippy cup) he will most likely continue to want that 'meal' for a time to come. I am trying to think what I did at this stage, and I think even though I had night weaned that early am feeding was always one I gave since I could continue to sleep in. Hmmm, maybe a nursing toy would help too with the twiddling.... that is something I couldn't do for an hour in...