or Connect

Posts by GiJohnsGirl

I do an old ballet work out and completely lose myself in the music and movement. I follow that with a bubble bath and reading. I'd love to win the lavender-vanilla masque  
No they do NOT get paid to take children away from their families. They are paid to help families provide the best care and situation possible for the children involved. Many times that means therapy, home visits, parenting classes and rehab. It is a common misconception to think that CPS likes/or their only purpose is to "take children away from their families". That is a last resort measure when parents become uncompliant or unwilling to change or the child is in some...
Yeah, CPS are not going to remove the children from the home unless there is physical evidence of harm, abuse, or neglect. It is actually REALLY extreme to be pulled out of a home on a first visit much less NO visit. Yeah, it is unusual and sudden and is probably not helping the children transition with the situation of their biological parents - however, it is not illegal nor is it really harming the kids. I agree with pps - there are children who don't have their own...
I am glad things are getting better! It is def normal though. I often take dd legs up to her belly (sometimes massaging her stomach if it is very hard) to help get out more at time. It helps to squeeze it out if they are having a hard time with pooping and tummy time can help as well. I also use an all natural butt cream for prevention (I know, I know) but prevention is better than a rash!
I have never had to do the rice cereal thing, but my daughter is the same age. She is formula fed and a week ago she started to have terrible spit up. It came out of her nose and it was projectile and after every feeding. I know this won't help you, but I switched her formula, held her upright for 15-20 minutes, massaged her tummy and it seemed to have worked. My point is - as much as it freaked me out that it came out of her nose and exorcist like- she was hardly...
I do both with my son (4). Right now we are in a new-baby transition stage and he has been at grandparents/getting lots of big brother presents, so it has been fairly difficult. Talking it out is my first approach. We talk about what happened, why it was inappropriate, what is appropriate and why. However, if he decides to continually do things that he is aware after our talk; then he is sent to time out. A lot of times that works better than trying to talk it out with...
I just started doing baby wearing (as of yesterday) with my newborn. We have a mei tai; she is two weeks old and weighs 9 lbs. Should I be experiencing any pain after wearing the baby? I might have just done it for too long of a period for my first time, but my right shoulder and neck are just awful this morning. We were both super comfortable (minus the heat) while wearing, but this morning my body is just awful. Is it like breast feeding where your body just needs to...
Thank you!
My son is 4 years-old and currently stays home with me and his new little sister.  I have been trying to find a new fun project that we could do together. When we lived in Georgia, he had a lot of fun in his preschool/daycare learning Spanish. He has a firm grip on colors and numbers and a few phrases in Spanish. I thought it might be fun to try explore French with him (and learn myself as we go) - are there any cheap ways to try to do this at home? Any advice?
Gerber also makes plastic covered underwear that you can put over regular underwear. My son went through the same thing at late 2/early 3. Putting him to bed in underwear (no diaper/pull-ups/etc) worked for us. He would wet the bed, but we just worked through it. Then, he started to not wet the bed, but would wake with wet underwear. We made sure he had his water, went to the bathroom, slept, and then IMMEDIATELY rushed him to the bathroom in the morning. He rarely has...