or Connect

Posts by Jessimaca

Just coming back to Mothering forums, been off awhile because I have a high needs cute little peanut that is 16 months old. Just taking a breath now :-) Reading your posts to get caught up and join in. Can I say-- I love you gals already! Your both inspiring and I know I will learn from you. Here I go (BTW, I can't find the fancy text stuff? I just have a rely box and that's it). Congrats Jaxy on quiting smoking and Sweet Silver I love your tips. Let's check-in...
Grisandole~ Thank you soooooooooooooo much! What a relief to find I'm not the only one! I was starting to think I was crazy! I'm totally gonna check out the resources you recommended and I'm relieved to find a place where I can talk honestly and hopefully get suggestions/support. It's hard because you can't really talk to your partner about it you know? I am very thankful my bestfriend is a stepmother too because people not in the situation have no clue what it's...
So, I'm new to this thread (in fact, I haven't been on the forums for awhile! But, jumping back in :-). Just crazy busy with a high needs 16 month old. Anyhow, maybe this has been addressed-- if so, someone can hopefully point me in the right direction? I have a 7 year old stepson and my bestfriend has a 14 year old stepdaughter and we both have VERY similar feelings about stepparenting. We think it sucks (I hope that's not too blunt). I want to be honest-- I want to...
Lilmommakaye~ I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. And I'm very glad you offered your experience here honestly. I'm so glad I read it! I often work with pregnant women and it's good to hear all experiences (and I am looking for a midwife myself for my next pregnancy since my midwife isn't practicing anymore). I completely agree with what Katie offered "She should have sent her in for an NST the day the mom told her the baby was not moving as usual. Also- people...
Twylacat~ I'm anxiously watching this threat as my LO sounds a lot like your kiddo! I'm hoping to gleam some wisdom. She has pretty much always been hard to get to sleep-- never a great napper and must sleep right next to me (not that I'm opposed to bed sharing, but my body has just had it). We have to feed and rock her to sleep. The only time she ever falls alseep on her own (since she was born) is occasionally in the car if it happens to be nap time. And even...
Hello All! Wow! I haven't been on in soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! It is seriously crazy how busy my life got with my LO. I see some familiar faces :-) Hello!!!!!!!! So, I made it. Stopped pumping when my daughter was 14 months (she's 16 months now). I feel so good that I made it, but it was also the hardest thing I've ever done and it was awful and it's changed the trajectory of my life (for now anyway). I restarted the thread a long time...
NRM~ This is my first child. I have NO idea how you EP with other children. It's been really hard keeping my DD ok while I pump for her. 2-3 months was the worst because she wouldn't play with anything much. Now I can entertain her for 15 min a little easier. Maybe have a basket full of toys that you only pull out while pumping?  Maybe if they are old enough they can watch a tv show or a movie just during those times?  Anyone else have ideas?  The hardest times for me...
Hello All!  It is so hard for me to get on her lately!  I will try to check in more.  Just hit the 7 month mark-- still going.   NRM~  How did it go with your first baby?  Is EPing your only option?  It's just so hard I always encourage people to expore every option before resigning to this fate.  That being said-- it gets easier with time.  It is MUCH MUCH easier now for me than it was in the beginning.  For the first couple months I pumped 9 times a day-- this is...
Thank you so much for your response.  It does sound like we have a similar situation.  Oh the desperation :-(  I just hope it gets a little easier to get her down-- I get so tired of it.  Each nap and bedtime is this process that just absolutely drains me.  Co-sleeping is ok but I sleep awful and my body is really hurting.  We have a king size bed.  I guess I'll keep looking for ideas.  And reading these posts.  Thanks again for your kind words and understanding.
I am at my witts end after dealing with my DD's sleep issues for 7 months now.  She has always fought sleep-- from the beginning.  I don't know what else to do.  She also will not let anyone else put her to sleep except me (occassionally my husband) and it often takes a half hour.  I'm not sure where to start so I'll start at the beginning.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.   I will start by saying that I believe she is a high needs baby according to Dr. Sears...