or Connect

Posts by Jessimaca

APierson~  Just to give you a different viewpoint-- that small study that claimed a link was completed in the early 90s.  It was a small sample size with poor methods.  It has been disproven.  Here is a link to an updated abstract:  http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/(SICI)1096-911X(200006)34:6%3C434::AID-MPO11%3E3.0.CO;2-X/abstract  I went to a college that really focuses on research, so I am very comfortable with evaluating and making decisions based on science...
Mrs~  That is so funny about your husband!    Yes, from the research I completed it said that study was a small study with poor methods completed in the 90s and it was proven false.  Many studies that are larger and better conducted have proven that theory wrong.  I believe in Science and the research looked good (no hidden agenda in who was completeing the study, etc) in all the new studies negating that one old one.  So, I will be going with the Vitamin K shot.  It...
Can anyone post a link to the studies connecting Vit K to Leukemia?  I've never heard of this link and would like to do more research on this.  TIA
Update~  A number have people have commented on her blog asking her to post a link to where she is getting that stat and she hasn't posted anything yet.  I'm guessing there aren't any to back that up because if there where I would be touting it all the time!   Here is what one poster said:   While it's true that both carry a risk of less than 1%, from what I have found, they are not "the same risk". This link discusses multiple studies and says, "the modern rate...
Itsy~ I'll try that. I like to be really accurate about the stats I'm throwing around because of the health care providers I work with.  And, I've never heard that stat before and I've worked in birth for the last 10 years so it makes me a little leary of where it's coming from.
Cseky~  I think that's a great way too look at it!  Not watch the numbers as much as being as healthy as possible.  That's my goal   I started out at a healthy BMI (5'6" and 150 lbs-- which is about 10 pounds heavier than feeling my best.  Gained some weight on my honeymoon ).  So, my goal is to be as healthy as I can to keep the weight gain moderate for my health and the baby.  So far I've gained 13.5 lbs and I'm 22 weeks.  Didn't gain much in first tri due to...
Day~ I'm sorry to hear that!  But, I'm relieved too!  Some of my good friends that are or have been pregnant feel nothing-- no negative symptoms at all and it makes me wonder if somethings wrong or if I'm just weird .  I've had this weird pain for 3 days now and I'm just hoping it stops soon...
Itsy~  I would love to share this information with all of my clients!!!!!!  But, I went to the link and those stats are just posted in a blog-- do you know where I can find the study????
Thanks for the reassurance.  I don't think it's ligament pain because it's central-- my understanding is ligament pain is felt on the sides more.  My midwife thinks it could be my bladder (maybe a UTI coming on)-- time will tell I guess.  I just always feel nervous with any pain, but I'm sure it's just growing pains
I just wanted to add that I just made a goal to meditate every day for a short time-- 2 days down .  Any tips or types of meditation that others would like to share with me would be appreciated!