or Connect

Posts by Jessimaca

Oh, and also, I never judge any of the families I work with-- and I work with all kinds.  As long as they care for and love their children-- that's what I'm looking for.  Are you judging people by what they choose for their family?
Moss~  I could give you a thousand research studies from reputable sources to show another side.  That's not the point, we could go back and forth on that all day.  The point is-- people are entitled to their own beliefs.  I always encourage my clients to do thier own research.  I have had many classes on how to evaluate research and I refer them to reputable sources as not everything you read on the internet is true.  It's okay to discuss all options on the Mothering...
Moss~  Every person in life has different experience, education, etc that allow them to come to decisions in their life.  And, people make their decisions on the best information they have.  Your statements sound very judgemental and really everyone has the right to believe what they want, including you, without putting others down.  And, people also change their mind as they learn more-- for example, I used to be pretty anti-vax and then through some life experiences...
Mommy2Sammy~  It makes me sad when I hear people talk about being forced through the work to get vaccinated and people have to get it kicking and screaming without obviously getting the education with it.  Being a healthcare provider comes with responsibility to not only yourself and your family, but to the vulnerable population you come into contact with every day at work-- that's why your work "forces" you to get it.  I work with infants every day at my job and I'm...
Gotrenzi~  Are you seeing anybody for support?  A counselor?  When people have issues with food before pregnancy, they tend to get worse with pregnancy and birth can also really be a challenge (lack of body control, etc) and can be quite traumatic.  I have worked with women with similar issues and they found help with a counselor that clicked with them which can be very helpful early on before things get worse.
Lala is right on.  Consistent movement is not commonly felt until the end of the second trimester.
The formula marketing would definitely bother me, but I'm sure that it's out of her control.  It's probably the clinic manager and OBs that she works with that does that.   I also plan to get my flu shot-- I am also a nurse and work in public health, so I know the value of vaccines and see the results when people don't get them.  It does make me a little sad when I hear of nurses refusing flu shots or other health related things (like not breastfeeding, smoking,...
Chiromom~  Wow, where do you work that you only get a week off?  That's terrible!  No one should have to go back to work in 1 week.  If you live in the US then according to federal laws you can take 3 months off.   I'll also be working on finding daycare.  It's going to be so hard.  I plan on taking 3 months and then going back to work 3 days a week for some additional time (up to 6 months a year for FMLA, so I'm going to spread it out).  But, I really can't imagine...
Viv~  That is so funny!!!!   I posted my announcement yesterday and people were responding "congrats!" ect underneath my post.  I was reading through them and saw my hubby posted something, he said "What a way to find out??!!!  Is that why you've been eating whole lemons and acting so weird???"  He is so funny!  He thinks he's some kind of comedian all the time!  It did make me lol!
Wow, Dealic, that makes me want to move to Canada even more .  I will be scrambling to cover my 3 months off without going broke.  We get nothing where I am.  I'm with ya on the energy thing-- I finally feel like I can accomplish something!  For the last 3 months I've barely functioned.  Basically working and laying on the couch.  So grateful for that part to be over!   I'm with all of you on the short fuse thing.  I definitely notice it!  It kind of reminds me of...