or Connect

Posts by Jessimaca

Wow Sky your DD sounds like mine-- similar starts.  I would really appreciate you posting all your strategies!!!!!  I'm always looking for tips.  I feel like we've tried everything and I don't feel like I'm any closer.  In fact, nursing seems further away :-(    Keep the stories coming!
Thanks so much for sharing!  These stories give me hope!  I would like to get a big, on going collection for inspiration :-)  I hope we can keep it going. 
I'm curious about this because I hear stories here and there about babies who "get" nursing eventually after being bottle fed for a length of time-- for example, I know someone who's baby got it at 5 months and I just heard about a toddler the other day that asked to nurse after seeing baby sister nursing and then he got it.  I know a woman with twins and one started nursing at 7 weeks and the other at 8 weeks.  I'm asking for people to share stories that they've heard...
A question for all you long time EPers-- did you continue to offer the breast and attempt nursing?  If so, how often (once a day/week/month)?    I'm curious about this because I hear stories here and there about babies who "get" nursing eventually-- for example, I know someone who's baby got it at 5 months and I just heard about a toddler the other day that asked to nurse after seeing baby sister nursing and then he got it.  My IBCLC has mentioned peer pressure--...
Spoken like someone who's been there  that is a wonderful thought!  Thank God my husband is supporting me or I would've had to have given up by now.  He does that exact thing for me at night!   Claire~  People really do not get it!  That is my experience as well!  Unless they have done it themselves-- even most breastfeeding professionals don't totally get it.  For dropping a pumping I've read that you can just kind of space out all your other pumpings so that you don't...
HELP!  I have a DD is high needs and has been teething for a few weeks now (she is 3 months old), but it's getting much worse.  I've had to give her tylenol almost every day which helps some, but I want to find other ways to help since we have years of teething ahead of us.  She is not a very content baby to begin with and she won't nurse (long story-- see BF problems forum and EP tribe) so I am pumping and feeding.  I know she would be happier if I could nurse her when...
I do check email and stuff when I can.  Usually I'm trying to entertain a crying baby :-(   It's just so hard.  I start thinking about things could be and I get so mad and frustrated and depressed about it.  Not only do I have all the stress of EPing (less sleep, freedom, all the benefits of nursing being lost)-- I also have this really hard, needy baby.  Who doesn't really nap much during the day and seems to cry as soon as I start pumping which is REALLY...
I was just contemplating today, in my exhaustion, that if my baby were nursing I would be getting a good 6-7 hours of sleep a night.  And I would have so much more time during the day.  And my DD would be a lot less fussy :-(  So sad....
Anj_rn~  You are amazing  and inspiring!
Momma & Lil~  Yes, see my previous post below:     I didn't notice a bit of difference after the cranial sacralists or the chiropractor.  Even after they both assured me that they had it all figured out.  They also all had completely different explanations for my DD not latching.  Sure would be interesting to do randomized, double blind, controlled studies on that.  Wasted a bunch of money on those appointments.  Not trying to sound mean, but I wish people wouldn't...