or Connect

Posts by Jessimaca

Just wanted to say I completely agree with all the previous posters.  I'm confused as to why your doc is trying to get you into labor early when the average length of a first pregnancy (when not induced!) is 41 weeks and 1 day.  You have a ways to go.  I feel for ya though.  I am 41 weeks and 1 day today and still waiting.  I have some contractions every night.  Not real labor though :-)
This is my first pregnancy and I have a tilted uterus-- I'm now 39 1/2 weeks.  I had HORRIBLE cramping in the beginning!  Like, stop me in my tracks, get down on the floor cramping which stopped around the beginning of my second trimester.  I constantly thought I was going to miscarry.  But, here I am :-)  Anyway, the uterus will tilt forward as soon as the baby/uterus is heavy enough to tip it forward.  Not sure if my cramping was related or not...
I'm a public health nurse and work with pertussis outbreaks often.  Having a confirmed case of pertussis in your home and being due so soon is beyond scarey!  I don't want to freak you out, but pertussis is very serious (like deadly serious) for newborns!  It's not a big deal for older kids and adults, but really dangerous for newborns/infants and we see babies hospitalized or worse for it often if exposed.  Please, have every close contact (everyone in your home at...
Thanks everyone for the responses!  I really appreciate it :-)  I know if will be okay and I shouldn't worry-- just wanted some reassurance.
I think there are lots of variations on sex and pregnancy.  I felt the same as you (still do)-- very tender.  There is a lot of extra blood down there and that can lead to the sensitivity.  If you nervous to have sex, don't.  Hopefully your partner would understand.  The risk of miscarriage goes way down after the first trimester so maybe you would feel more comfortable after that?  I know I did :-)  Hope that helps!  You will probably feel better after you appointment to.
Just to give a different view point~  I used to work at the Birth Center and a birth assistant and thought the care there was wonderful!  Absolutley no comparrison to the hospital or to some midwives I've worked with.  I am also an RN and I've worked in a L&D unit in the Birth Center and with a homebirth midwife and I knew I would probably choose MBC when I became pregnant.  I'm pregnant now and being seen there and my experiences have been great so far.  The staff has...
I am a birth worker and from my experience every labor can be different.  Not everyone loses their mucus plug (or may not notice because they are in active labor) and not everyone has lots of bloody show early on either.  Same with your water breaking-- it may or may not before active labor starts (for most women in doesn't break).  It sounds like your body could be gearing up!  You'll know its true labor when the contractions don't let up and get stronger and closer...
I am pregnant with my first baby and due in April.  I plan on breastfeeding (seriously, I will breastfeed or die trying  ).  I am a CLC and hoping to take my IBCLC next year.  So, I have a fair amount of knowledge and I've been helping other women for the last 8 years or so.  Anyhow, I have some concerns about the breast changes that I've had.  Right at the beginning of my pregnancy one of my breasts grew more and my nipple itched like crazy on that side because it grew...
Cherry~  Hope you figured this out!  A test for Salmonella is just a stool sample, so no biggie.  You could have very well gotten it from the turtles-- they are common carriers.  Not from your cut though.  More likely you got a drop of the water in your eye or mouth, etc.  Always make sure everyone washes their hands really well after caring for them.  I work in public health so we deal with Salmonella a lot.
Goodmama~  No they are not the same.   I also have an anterior placenta.  You do feel movement much less according to my midwife.  When I compare the movement I feel to others at the same gestation they feel WAY more than I do.  It took me so long to feel the first movements and I was relieved to know I had an anterior placenta-- just to know why.  I am now 25 weeks and 4 days and I am starting to feel more consistent movement (not always very big movements, but at...