or Connect

Posts by 8inTulgeyWood

So happy for you!  Congrats!  Hope you recover quickly!
Thanks JMJ!  That's the kicker.  My midwife has never had any children, tried and never could, so when she said that about her babies being back to their birth weight by one week old, she was referring to her clients babies!  Just annoying.  And from what I read jaundice peaks around day 5-7.  My baby is 8 days old today, so her saying that it should be totally gone doesn't seem accurate.  And it also said it is much more common in babies born before 38 weeks so your...
JMJ, YAY for getting your suit finished!  And taxes as well!  I got my taxes finished the week before baby arrived and so glad i didn't put it off.  Its a good feeling to be done with them.  I ended up deciding to wear my swim suit coverup to labor in and it was perfect... a soft, short  black v neck dress.       I took my baby to her pediatrician when she was 2 days old to get the newborn screening and he said she has a heart murmur that he wasn't too concerned...
Hey Everyone,   Just wanted to thank you all for the well wishes and let you know I am still thinking about you all!  It won't be long now til you have your babies in your arms.  I know how tough those last weeks are and it is still just so surreal to me that she is here and I am no longer pregnant.   I am feeling great and so optimistic that this will be a smooth recovery.  Last time I couldn't even walk comfortably for weeks after birth.  My hips felt better...
My baby girl was born this morning at home!  I am surprised she came so early.  I wasn't due for 17 days.    I had lots of contrax throughout the evening on Sat, but didn't think much of them.  They weren't any different from what i normally experience.  I did time them though, and they kept coming every 2-10 minutes for a couple hours, then almost totally went away by 11 pm.  I fell asleep til 2:00 am when a rockin contraction woke me up.  I got up and staggered to...
I'm so sorry about your last loss!  I can't imagine going through that.  My last labor was difficult and I am having a hard time not getting anxious about this birth because of that.  I can't imagine how much harder it would be for you to prepare.   I actually lost my mucous plug about 2 weeks ago, at 35 weeks.  I don't think much about it because it seems to be what my body does.  I dilate and efface early, but have always carried to term.   I am having painful...
JMJ, Thanks!  I will keep that in mind if I get desperate.  I have been doing fairly well this week.  Its still bad when I get up from lying or sitting for long periods, but in the day I am fine and mostly pretty comfortable.  I hope everything is in place for the birth!  I know when I was at my worst I couldn't move at all, and I tried to get on hands and knees, which is the position I delivered my last two in and it was impossible.   MommyBecky, a friend of mine...
JMJ, I can totally empathize.  I go through quite the ordeal to get up at night or just roll to the other side.  Lots of times I feel really great in the day and even have been taking fairly long walks.  Being active seems to help.   My midwife has me taking something called MSM.  I did a bit of research and think it sounds like great stuff.  I definitely have been better than I expected to be, based off my past pregnancies and the condition I was in when I started...
  I don't know if its the case with others, but I definitely have the pain you are describing.  The inner thigh (adductor) muscles that help squeeze the thighs together?  Yeah, If I try to push something with my foot using these muscles it is pretty bad.  Unfortunately, it actually started for me after the birth of my last baby and never got better between babies.   I'm still trying to figure out exercises that help, problem is I just am not consistent.  I have done many...
My wonderful parents are taking all 5 of my kids tonight til tomorrow afternoon so we can have a much needed break.  I am so excited for it, other than I feel so limited in what I can do i can't think of anything besides eating dinner.  We thought of going somewhere, but I really don't want to try sleeping anywhere but home at this point.  Its hard enough as it is.   JMJ. I live in Spanish Fork.  I grew up in Holladay, though.  Still I rarely make the drive to SLC.  ...