or Connect

Posts by Mommay

Maybe it varies from state to state what the laws are. It seems that my daycare is saying that it is mandatory, that they are treating vaccinations as a school might, which in NJ is required by law. I didn't want to inquire further because if I decide to be inconspicuous about it, I might attract attention by asking what their policy is. I do agree one should be as honest as possible. But George Bernard Shaw once said, 'It is dangerous to teach our children to be...
I drop ds off at daycare 2 days a week, and started him at 6 months. He had a really hard time adjusting. One reason was that one of the care workers believed that picking up a baby spoiled him! Boy, I had a thing or two to tell her. I almost didn't stay, but we actually worked things out, and she began to pick him up more and he began to adjust better. Anyway, the director of the daycare thought that he had trouble adjusting because he was part-time. So that might be...
I liked what you all had to say. I was thinking along the same lines. Why make a grand stand when a little fudging might work? As far as the "card" you spoke of, so did you request the vaccination record from the doctor and you got it directly? I thought you had to fax it directly to the daycare. I found out that actually, they are standing on legal ground to require vaccines (saying it is a school). I don't know the legality of that, but I'm not sure I want to do...
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had a precedent for my situation. I went to my son's 15 month wellness check-up and talked to my doctor about delaying his MMR. I needn't explain why for those of you who know the possible risks associated with that set of vaccines. My doctor was very supportive and we both decided to just give him the Mumps vaccine, which the books I've consulted consider low-risk/high-benefit. Then just today I get a note from daycare saying that I need...
We pay about $50 a day for two full days. But our daycare is just a bit more expensive than the others in the area. It is a great quality daycare. But in any case, it's barely worth it to work. But my 14 month son loves it so much that he barely acknowledges me when I leave him there.