or Connect

Posts by lovestreet13

Oh yeah, can you move me to TWW, please?    
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!  Lizbian, Friederike, Mama... It's been a weird day, that's for sure!  After talking about our options this morning (trying today if possible, or just waiting til next cycle at the end of August), we called the sperm bank and just asked how quickly we could get our sperm.  (Now that we're doing home insems, we pick up at the bank which is only 10 minutes away.)   At first it sounded like it might not be an option for their lab and...
Just got a minute before work...    I think I might've blown this try.  I started my LH tests yesterday, too late, I think, to catch the peak and get an OPK.  Now we're wondering if we can time the insem well or not.  We'd have to order sperm like right now for pick-up, and we're not sure if we should invest the $900 in a try right now.  I charted this month, and it looks like I should insem today, maybe tomorrow. I don't know if we can pull it together...
Yeah, AF showed up today.  Boo.  I wasn't surprised, and it's right on schedule. On day 6 dpo, I had an overwhelming wave of symptoms that I took to be implantation.  Ridiculous nausea, high temp, the same soreness and cramping in my thighs that I get every first day of my period.  These all continued til about Saturday, day 9 dpo, and I was subsisting on chickpea miso soup and pineapple, while constantly being distracted by the ache in my thighs and lower back.  I...
Mama - Glad to hear you had a great IUI this time!!  That stinks that you've had painful ones in the past.  I've had uncomfortable ones, for sure, and definitely one nurse in particular who sucked at finding my cervix.  Best to you on your TWW!!   Lizbian - I could just cry for you.  How awful that the stupid syringe screwed up your whole try.  You sound like you are handling it calmly, and that so admirable.  Kudos to you on your positive perspective!!  Have safe...
Ohhhh my goodness, Pookafaye!!  What a lovely idea!!  What a beautiful contribution and memory for your family.  *sniff!!*   Lizbian, so glad to hear that things are going well and everything's a GO!   I gotta run, so kind of a drive-by, but please move me to TWW !!  Had an OPK at 9:30 yesterday morning (tho that was the first test of the day, so could've been positive earlier.)  DP and I did an IUI at 9:30pm and everything was perfect.  Cervix was tilted much...
Well, AF showed up yesterday.  I was super-bummed at work yesterday when I could feel the tell-tale cramps starting in my thighs.  Luckily, a couple photo jobs and a huge storm in Minneapolis distracted me from dwelling too much.  And in the evening I had a great talk on the phone with my mom.  My DP and I are now just looking forward to the next month, and she is confident that we'll be total pros at it this time.    Can you move me to waiting to O, please?   Hope...
Hey Mama!  Thanks for saying you feel normal, too-- that's actually very comforting!   Early on, I was just dead tired, but that went away after Sunday of this week.  Now I just feel normal and it's making me worried.  Although, I do keep eating like it's going out of style! I tried to do the progesterone suppositories that I had left over from my medicated clinic IUIs, and I stopped after one night.  Holy yeast infection coming on!  I didn't remember it being so bad...
Not feeling anything these past couple days...  Not like the first few days when I was exhausted.  I feel really normal, I don't like it.  :-(   I did POAS today, and not a big nothin'. Hopefully just too early, I'm 10 dpo.  We'll see...   Thanks, Ladies.  I just needed to vent and blurt that out!!  I had been feeling really good about this try, but now I'm not sure.
JustAnotherJenny -  Gotcha about the testing.  I did not do a trigger shot.  Everything this time was on our own-- timing and the insem.  For the infections, I think my only concern is treating them with something like Monistat, the way I normally end up doing.  I've been able to avoid them with lots of acidophilus pills-- like on vacation, when I'm in a damp swimsuit, etc.  But I'm not sure that if I get a full-blown infection that I should treat it with something...