or Connect

Posts by TeamGR

Oof. We were doing great from 3.5 months to about 5.5 months- he was going 8pm to 5am.  BUT!  For the last 4 weeks or so, he's getting up at 11p, and then again between 2-4, and then up for the day around 6. Last night it was 11, 12, 3, 5, 6.  And, it's gas. We know it's gas, and it corresponds with his starting solids. We're doing BLW, which he loves loves loves, and he eats whatever he wants, but the gas!   Any recommendations!  I think if his stomach wasn't a...
Thanks, everyone. I didn't know there was a c-section forum here, this is really helpful.  I know a big part of it is my perfectionist streak.... I wanted my son's birth to be this perfect image of peace and joy and instead I had some peace and joy and then some frustration and a lot of pain and then a big letdown.     I will just have to keep working at it. 
Hi everyone,   Does anyone have any reading suggestions for "getting over" having a c-section? Whenever I see something about the high rate of c-sections and how bad they are, and how babies miss out on so many good things by not going through the birth canal, I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt.  I know I tried as hard as I could and we did everything we could, and having my amazing doula in the room was the sure fire way to know that it couldn't have gone any...
Hi everyone,   Does anyone have any reading suggestions for "getting over" having a c-section? Whenever I see something about the high rate of c-sections and how bad they are, and how babies miss out on so many good things by not going through the birth canal, I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt.  I know I tried as hard as I could and we did everything we could, and having my amazing doula in the room was the sure fire way to know that it couldn't have gone any...
I'm really loving this age too!  My little Finn is not quite 6 months yet, but he's sitting up on his own, getting up onto all fours and rocking, and has figured out that if he uses his face, he can "crawl" all over the bed- it's kind of hilarious, actually. Face planted crawling.    He's become really interested in the world lately. It's great, his curiousity has spiked, and it's fun to find new things to entertain.  I'm looking forward to more babbling and the...
I don't nurse to sleep for naps, we do eat-play-sleep during the day (and the baby is the one who initiated the pattern), but for the last hour before he goes to sleep, we nurse 2-3 times, and he falls asleep at the last nursing.    So right now I'm getting 8pm-4am which is amazing amazing.   The problem is at 4am.  I go get the boy, bring him in to bed, and nurse.  But he is AWAKE!  Grabbing at my other nipple, kicking me in the stomach, punching my boobie to get...
mamanoish, so sorry you're going through this.    It sounds like you have a lot on your plate... I would really encourage you talking to someone.  I managed to escape PPD, but I was extremely worried, given my personal and family history with severe depression.  I started seeing a therapist ahead of time, and I really think that's what enabled me to get this far with no episodes.    I know money is tight for everyone, but there are sliding scale places and...
Hey,   I'm dealing with a new problem and it's making me sad.    My lovely son wants to be held/ tickled/ kissed/ touched a lot. It makes him laugh and happy, it calms him down, it's how he wants to explore the world.  That's fine. I'm happy to hold him, wear him, kiss him a lot. And of course breast fed on demand.   The problem then is that by 8pm, when he goes to sleep. My husband wants to snuggle with me, and kiss and touch. And I want not have anything...
We are at 75% for height and head, and 50% for weight- even though he looks like a totally chunker, he's longer and leaning than I was expecting.  Actually, he weighs less than I was expecting at this point- gained less than 1/2 a pound in the last 3 weeks. Dr wasn't worried, so I will try not to be either... 
I don't think you should care too much about timing- people will be happy to get the announcements!  I had actually heard 1 year, although that might be for Thank you notes from weddings?