or Connect

Posts by TeamGR

Ooh!  I was hoping someone would start a thread like this, thanks, hildare!  Everyone looks fantastic so far!   I'm gaining by the week, but the weirdest thing is that I though I was getting baby part bumps- you know, a head on my lower left side, or a butt on the upper right corner.  Well, it happened while my doula was over this weekend, and turns out what I thought was baby stretching was actually BH contractions all along!  Oops!  First pregnancy ignorance.  So,...
My sleep is probably better than it's going to be when the baby actually comes, but for now, I'm up twice or three times a night, the last time because my back hurts so much from lying on my side that I have to build a mountain of pillows to sleep in a more upright position.    When I'm up, though, I'm UP.  It's interesting. I wake up in the middle of the night, fully alert, ready to go.  It's only in the morning when I have to get out of bed and start he day that I...
Hi MamaShannon, I did ask my doctor, and she basically said if it's not constant and I'm drinking enough fluids, there's nothing to be done. So, I'm just drinking fluids and hoping it goes away.    Does anyone else feel like pregnancy symptoms are basically "Well, it could be really bad, or it could be just pregnancy, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see?"
I've heard that the heartburn/ hair connection is one of those old myths that has actually been backed up experimentally!     http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/health/20really.html?_r=1&oref=slogin  (New York Times article from 2007 that confirms the myth via a Johns Hopkins' study!)
I am having the same experience right now, MamaShannon. I was worried at first it was the result of a recent weekend in Mexico for a friend's wedding, but I'm happy to hear I'm not completely abnormal. It's not consistent though, so I think it's just another one of those pregnancy "things".
Glad that the semester's almost over and hope you can take a small break from research to focus on yourself.... thinking of you!!  
Congratulations, blueheron!!!  
Yesterday the baby was stretching so much in two directions that my belly was completely oblong!  So weird!  It's super fun to see the movement, but Frannie, I totally agree that occasionally it's so much I get nauseous!
I'm in for the bead exchange.    Otherwise, just getting used to "Baby Yoga"... as in, I no longer get kicked or feel any fast movement per se. Instead, the baby stretches out and I get a head lump!  Or a butt lump!  You can see the unevenness of my stomach through my clothing!  It's a little surreal.  I think this one is going to be a stretchy baby ....
Hildare!  Happy to hear you are feeling better and hope things continue smoothly from here to Feb....    Parsley... brussel sprouts with apples sounds delicious!   I had an OK Thanksgiving, I'm alternating these days between terror and not looking forward to the baby because of fears of feeling alone and that my work like/ relationship with husband/ personality will disappear.  I'm hoping I will continue to work through these issues as the date gets...