or Connect

Posts by AnnaBees Mama

I would tell her clean hands are ok, objects are not. I would be concerned about infections or the objects causing hurt that she didn't anticipate.
No. I took her her first Christmas when she was just 1mo, just because it was cute and harmless. She was a newborn, totally clueless, and just sat there. But from this year on: no, unless she specifically asks to do it. For one, I KNOW this year she would just bawl if I put her on some strange guy's lap and stood back several feet. What a cruel thing to do (and I HATE seeing pictures of kids crying on Santa's lap. Some parents think it is super funny---- hello, your kid...
I was one of those kids who took the Santa thing very seriously. I was the kid who waited up in bed as late as I could, staring out my window, hoping to to hear the reindeer hooves on the roof. I was the kid whose imagination flew away with the knowledge that a fat and an onslaught of elves lived up in the North Pole. I was the kid who LOVED  that this kind of magic 'existed', who daydreamed for weeks on end prior to Christmas. I wrote the letters. I set out the...
DD is only 1 so this isn't an issue yet. I am not a Christian but DH is. Any Christian-oriented activities are up to DH. We usually go to church on Christmas Eve or Day, depending on who we are with (always with family). We have a tree and exchange gifts (DD gets 3 gifts: a family heirloom+family recipe, 1-2 books, and a toy). But beyond that, it is about spending time with family for us.   We aren't going to instill a belief in Santa, but we will discuss the origins...
This is so me. I'd rather be sleep deprived than overstimulated and frazzled! I stay up 3-4 hours after DD goes to bed to recharge myself. I'm fried without it!
We have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment. In our kitchen/dining area/living area space we have a sliding glass door for light--- that's it. It's on the living room end of the things. Our dining and living areas get medium natural light, and our kitchen gets much less than that. There is a large window with narrow sills in each bedroom. That's all the natural light we have.    The kicker is we have two cats who insist on eating plants and will knock them off of surfaces...
I've had dandruff since puberty. I have suspect it is hormonal since I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, and it went away when I was pregnant only to come back postpartum. I've tried the shampoos, they never work. Any ideas?
Yesterday was DD's 12-month well-baby check up. We were given the usual info sheet containing information pertinent to our child's age. It addresses what developmental milestones they will be meeting, general food guidelines, and big section on toddler safety.   The first bullet point under toddler safety is about car seats. I quote, "Forward facing car seats are necessary for your toddler". Yes, they said, "necessary"! This is for a 12-mo!!! I am so disturbed! I...
I am fairly certain she would be fine FF, and so I will not turn her around just to see, even in a parking lot. The novelty of getting a completely different and interesting perspective might completely override any discomfort she would be feeling. I would have to drive around FF for a good amount of time for the novelty to wear of some to be SURE there weren't any other issues. I am absolutely not willing to do that. Plus, think turning her FF only to go right back to...
She is in a convertible, a Britax Boulevard. She is comfortably upright. The Boulevard has  large head bumpers to each side, so it is difficult for her to look out of a window without her leaning forward. It's a not ideal, but I assume most seats significantly impact side views as well.   We have tried small toys and snacks, as well as her sippy. They each help calm her down for a matter seconds/minutes before they are either purposefully or accidentally tossed over...