or Connect

Posts by pugmommy7

A client was raving about this and saying it lowered her LDL 59 points in 6 months! I just started it last night since my body produces excess chol genetically and my #'s have been high since I was 4 yrs old. Has anyone had any experience w/ it? heard any hype? The lady I always see who runs my local health store said her mothers dropped 100 points in a year and is stable. from what i hear it doesn't have any adverse side effects. TIA!
Lice do NOT like lavender and can be used as a preventative. they also cannot adhere to "dirty" hair as easily as squeeky clean hair, so washing less frequently helps.(after they are treated and gone of course I recommend Dr. bronner's w/ lavender and a reg shampoo. that is what we used in our dreads and when our daughter had em we never found a one!
I shave. I have gone both ways over the years and find that I am most comfortable shaving.(at least in the summer months.) BUT if you can't shave yet find the hair uncomfortable you could consider trimming it to a comfortable length with an inexpensive beard and moustache trimmer. the one we have has a guard that you can adjust. There is no need to apply much pressure while using it and I recommend going with the grain for minimal irritation. This is what I do...
I can't say enough about acv. I would only use it once a week. Bragg's is the best. I also use it as a facial toner with about 3 oz brewed white tea an to 1 oz acv. amazing! I also think the world of BS so alternating would be great. I do use Poo every week and I love Kevin Murphy for thin fine hair. I think it is called angel wash. green and sulphate free
I have tried SO many (tom's does NOTHING for me either) This one: http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/0...xpand=Skincare is amazing!!! I have tried the T'eo as well;and while it smells amazing, I shave my pits and this was a bit stinging if I used it immediately after showering. I ended up wrapping it in a peice of scrap lace and it made an awesome sachet.
Quote: Originally Posted by diosa25 http://www.everydayminerals.com This makeup is good for your skin. When I started using it I stopped getting blemishes and my skin tone has evened out. The containers are plastic though and not sure if they are recycleable or not. I think you can send them back to the company if you want. Makeup is great though and non-toxic and sooo sooo cheap!!!!(when you buy in kits) This company is SO great!!!! cannot...
I never really liked it either for the same reason as the OP. It always had some kind of Orwellian baggage to me I REALLY dislike 'Child led learning'..it just seems so frivolous or neglectful to me. We attempted a Sudbury model for a year or so and it became total mayhem and Lord Of The Flies;which was NOT what we expected nor was it good for our introverted kids. I am more the type who likes to do what is right for our family but I don't care about what the...
My favorite banana bread recipe calls for buttermilk. it also has choc chunk mmmmmm.....
I have a very simple grinder that I got used from a friend that she actually got from WIC years ago.(handcrank variety) I used it for everything. Whatever we were eating I ground up before salting and seasoning(somewhat) and ground it up for her. I added juice or water as needed for consistancy. I especially recall her LOVING steamed broccolli with whole wheat pasta and sweet potatoes. Nuthin' was easier than sweet potatoes. I just boiled one, ground it added a lil...
Thanks so much for this thread! i am in the same boat. We have a local dairy farm that sells raw milk,organic pasturized milk, thier own raw and pasturized organic butter and yougart. I am slowly making the change. I feel lik I'd feel better after asking a few questions. It is likely a million x healthier than so much of the processed foods we sometimes eat without batting an eye