or Connect

Posts by rado

Thank you! That was kind of you to bump!
Anyone in Olney MD  or nearby with kids in the 22 months - 9 year range? I have 3 in that range and am new to the area. Missing my old farmhouse in New England and my old friends as well. Doesn't seem to be a very "AP" kind of place here and is so very suburban...kind of struggling with the transition to D.C. suburbs. Anyone else in the same boat?
Any responses to your post? I'm curious to hear as I'm moving to Olney next month and need care for my 3 kiddos (8. 5. and 3 months).   I also want to send a shout out to any Olney area moms - anyone up for a playdate?    We are already missing our friends back home in Massachusetts.
Hi - my family and I are moving to MD (or possibly NOVA) for husband's new DC job, in late May. My 7 year old has been enrolled in a Reggio-Emilia inspired charter school here in western Massachusetts, which has been WONDERFUL, and I'm heartsick to leave it, but DH wants this job. We are house-hunting in a broad geographical area (from NOVA to Silver Spring, out as far as Annapolis) and are looking for an elementary that values achievement but more importantly, the...
I'd love the same info if anyone wants to PM me. Moving to the area with my two girls (5 and 7), DH, newborn son in a month or so. Also looking for kid-friendly dentistry practice. Thanks for any thoughts!
My family (me, DH, two girls 5 and 7, and our new baby boy, 4 weeks) are moving to DC area in a month or so for DH's new job and we need all the same recommendations, if anyone is interesting in PM'ing me. Peds or family practice docs for the kids, OBGYN or NP's for myself, kid-friendly dentists, and family practice/general med docs for myself and DH. I would be SOOO appreciative of any tips here esp. as I've vaxed selectively and with my newborn I'm nervous about...
Me too. We always thought dd #2 was our "easy" child...nlot now! Now that she's 3, she's a complete Jekkyll and Hyde....either angelic, loving, expressive, verbal (she's super verbal and always has been) or else pinching us b/c we stopped her from touching something hot, sticking out her tongue at me for complimenting her on something, and so on. I tell myself it's just 3 and hope it will pass...part of the issue with her is setting limits. I don't do that well. The...
My family and I just moved to the area this past summer. My dd's (5 and 3) and I miss our upstate NY AP playgroup friends and our preschool "community", and hope to make time for meeting some playmates. We are also venturing into a period of homeschooling/unschooling as I've just pulled dd 5 from K (various reasons) for the year. Would love to hear from any of you in the area!!
I am wondering what you all are seeing come home in your kiddo's backpacks. We have full-day, daily homework (neither of which I like) and what I see coming home consists of worksheets dealing with replicating patterns via coloring, coloring in designated shapes, cutting and pasting, and assembling pre-fab "art" projects. I have other issues with school and am "considering my options," so to speak, but this particular issue of WHAT my kiddo is doing all day is one I...
Thanks! you beat me to it...I had forgotten to ask about dentists and we do need one of those. I heard Amherst Ped were ok with non vaxing. Did you try them? Isn't it hard always being on the defensive? WE've been pretty lucky here b/c our old family prac doc (who always gave us the spiel, though he did tolerate us) left the office, which allowed me to switch to another doc who accepted my decisions and did zero preaching. I definitely don't expect any doc to promote non...