or Connect

Posts by cadybh

I still have to get mine.  We're headed out of town to visit family for a week soonish, so I may find some while I'm there, but I won't be able to mail them in till probably the first week in March.  Is that okay??     Such a wonderful idea!   Is there any input on size of beads?
Kudos to your sister for trying to talk some sense into her!  Have you given up discussing the details of the birth with her, basically?  It seems like she can't meet you halfway on this, at least right now.  :/
We cloth diaper and are excited to do so again with this little one.  We have disposables around for when DS gets a really bad rash (he has very sensitive skin - if he eats too much acidic food and pees or poos overnight then he gets terrible, red rashes), basically.  I love CDing because we're not contributing to the solid waste our household generates, and I think it's overall better for his skin and parts (no exposure to chemicals, plus Mothering magazine once stated...
We cloth diaper and are excited to do so again with this little one.  We have disposables around for when DS gets a really bad rash (he has very sensitive skin - if he eats too much acidic food and pees or poos overnight then he gets terrible, red rashes), basically.  I love CDing because we're not contributing to the solid waste our household generates, and I think it's overall better for his skin and parts (no exposure to chemicals, plus Mothering magazine once stated...
Nope!  Wrong for us.
This sounds great!  Please count me in!
Ours will cost about $6K.  We are responsible for $1K out-of-network deductible, and then 20% of the remaining balance.  I'm in New England.
LOTS of good feedback above!     A few more thoughts:   We use cloth diapers, so that was a question we had.  The in-home daycare we used at first was cool with it, the center we used around 12 mos of age was not.  That was an added expense for us, having to buy disposable diapers till DS was potty trained.   Ask if you can observe a classroom, and for the future what the visitation/parent-involvement policy is.  We are free to drop in anytime and I could...
We have an Amazon wish list of about 10 items that we'll need to buy.  We've shared it with our immediate family only (parents, siblings).     I personally think having a whole registry and shower (or sprinkle) for subsequent kiddos is kind of tacky and unnecessary.  There may be circumstances where it's warranted - like having a subsequent kiddo many years later, for example - but I wouldn't personally feel comfortable.  Folks can always ask what you need or give...
I personally would rather teach my son about safe sex (by means of selecting partners carefully and having open and honest discussions before acting on impulses, proper use of condoms, etc.) than rely on surgically altering him to decrease his potential for contracting a disease.  I don't believe there is enough medical reason to go ahead with the procedure.     I have read the statistic a few times that states more infant males die from complications with...