or Connect

Posts by MamitadeTian

You are so cool! I was feeling totally overwhelmed, thinking about this, but you make is sound totally do-able! Thank you! I think 7 activities, or some such high number, is a great idea! The Ipod idea is great, the only downside is dd doesn’t understand English all that well, yet (we speak only Spanish at home, she’s learning English at school but this is her first year, 2 days a week!). I think earphones would be WOW exciting for her, since she never gets to use...
Mamas, I am going to dd’s preschool tomorrow to offer the teachers Reiki: for about an hour. I thought I’d do it in the gym and dd would get to play there, but the gym’s booked for the day. So it will be me, a teacher, and dd in a small office (for 10 minutes at a time) for about an hour! Eeek!: I really want to do this for the teachers, but I am going to need some pretty brilliant ideas for keeping dd very entertained while I do! If I take her the games and books...
Incamama, I HIGHLY recommend learning Reiki! It will help you feel better during your pregnancy and be great for Riley before she's born. And later, when you are exhausted because she's here, it will help you recharge. Plus, with the other kids and all, you know there will be all kinds of illnesses in the environment, Reiki will help you keep them all in good health and strengthen Riley's immune system. If you can learn it, Reiki is a real investment for the entire...
I have always used Reiki at bedtime with both kids! It really helps us all to wind down! Vali_babes, I am so sorry you are going through this, but just rest assured, this is surely a phase, and, even though you might not quite believe it right now, this, too, will pass! I agree with mamabeca about trying to stick to the routine, eventually everyone will get used to it and then you'll have the time you need in the evenings. While this comes about, though, you do...
I have been attuned to Reiki for almost 10 years. I had a terrible spiritual crisis a few years after my first attunement, and stopped doing Reiki for a while. (Needless to say, I was terribly depressed.) But later on, once I started using it again, I went through periods of depression, (not clinical or diagnosed, but still pretty incapacitating), and whenever I have used Reiki, I have been able to move out of those phases much more quickly than when I didn't. ...
I am in the process of becoming vegetarian, too, and have felt the queasiness and out of whack. I have had the good fortune to have people with a background in nutrition help me along the way. One thing I started doing after the queasiness started, was try to get more minerals in my diet. I am using more sea salt and boiling seaweeds in my legumes, for example. Taking multivitamins also helped enormously. Also, for me, sugar pushes me off center and makes me crave...
I just went back through the emails I send my family monthly about the kids and found that DS, now 4, was also “extremely underweight” at exactly 19 months. Granted, he was skinnier than DD, but I think it was the same phenomenon. Maybe the ped is using a chart that compares my kids to formula-fed kids, in any case, it is nice to have your confirmation of my beliefs. I am certainly not weaning now. Thanks for being there!
I am so glad to find this thread! Dd´s ped told me to limit her nursing during the day b/c she is underweight. She‘s 19 months old, 34 inches and 24 lbs. A year ago, she was in the 90th percentile for height and weight, but has since dropped weightwise (not in height) to the 25th. This year, of course, she learned how to crawl, how to walk, and has suddenly gotten really busy with life and less interested in food than before. She still eats, some. But she always...
Did I read about making turkey legs in the crockpot on this thread? I can’t find the post and I would really like to try this. If you have any new ideas, or could direct me to the post, I would be most grateful!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarain My son is six months old and he sleeps with me now. I'm willing and interested in co-sleeping/breastfeeding with him until he's 4 or 5. I'm just about to move in with my boyfriend ( not my son's father) and I wonder what I will do? How do co-sleeping couples/parents have SEX? Not with the kids in the bed right!? I'm thinking of having two large beds in one room and sleeping with my baby in one, and then if I want, after...