or Connect

Posts by BrascosPrincess

His first day and night went pretty good. we did have about an hour and a half of crying and upset because he missed his foster parents before bedtime. So i let him call them and that did wonders he calmed right down, and got his pajamas on for me really good, and fell asleep before i finished his bedtime story. He is supposed to have a visit with his mom tomorrow for 2 hours, but husband said he is going to call the caseworker in the morning and see if he can reschedule...
yeah they are totally nuts. and his ex isn't much better.    
and also i am not worried about them taking us to court anymore for visits because his ex still lives with her parents, and she is not to have any unsupervised visits with any of her children and my stepson still has a guardian ad lightem, so i am almost positive they will not get anything unsupervised.
so today my day went from a normal every day boring long day to stressful and annoyed realll quick. my stepson moves in with us tomorrow afternoon, and low and behold who shows up at my door today?? His ex's parents!!!!!!! His ex's mother asked me if she could come in and i told her no but I went outside to talk to her for a few minutes. she is demanding to know what we want to do as far as visitions with her and her husband go. I talked to my husband about this and...
yes he has an hour a week supervised visits with his mother and 2 brothers, we haven't gotten the court order in the mail yet i am not sure if it says her parent's names on it too or not, as we don't have him with us until the 25th. I would much rather no contact because i dont feel that it would effect my stepson nor my own children in a positive way. But the opinion that means the most is my husbands and we haven't really talked much about it, but i will discuss this...
we had the unsupervised visit at our home yesterday, it went AWESOME! he adjusted very very well, within a half hour he was not the same quiet shy kid that stood in my kitchen unsure. he loved playing with his sisters and didn't act like he wanted to leave. he did have a moment of sadness, i got down on the floor with him and asked him if he was ok, but he didn't answer me, so i asked him if he wanted a hug, he didn't answer me then either, so i told him to come here and...
nobody has tried to contact us directly at all yet, but i have taken measures to prevent that, like blocking the email addresses from my husbands email, and blocking thier phone numbers from my phone. it's just very stressful right now because we dont feel that any child should have to go through what they did and we are both very concerned if they get unsupervised visitations that something like this will happen again.    
how could they have been slow on recognizing the abuse when my hubbys ex's boyfriend slapped around her mother while she was holding a 9 month old baby, when her boyfriend had a rifle to her father's head threatening to pull the trigger, when he was leaving bruises all over a 9 month old baby's face, when he pushed all his weight on a 9 year old child's chest causing him to not be able to breathe and pass out, when he smacked around a 3 year old little boy, when he leaves...
the big problem we have ran into is that our lawyer has added to the court order that his ex and her family are not to contact us directly... and i am the only one that can drive so it would be me taking him places to meet his grandparents and i dont want them around my kids... so its complicated all over the place, and the intent was not to never let them see him again, im just not sure what the hubby has in mind as far as visits that he will agree too, i know anything...
my husband's son was recently put into foster care, as of april 25th he will be granted primary physical custody. There are numerous reasons why his ex's children were placed in the foster system but Now that we will start having custody we are running into problems with her family. His ex's parents are threatening us with a court battle for grandparents rights, and his ex's sister is threatening some kind of action too. Part of the reason the children were placed is...